Paid subscription set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Paid subscription set up

Is there a paid subscription 'how to' anywhere on the forum. I have, unsuccessfully, been trying to set up my forum so only paid members have access to the forum. I have set up a paypal account and tried editing the paid subscription settings, but still no cigar. If anyone could assist. I'd be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Mick.
    www.toottoot.net.au/forums Toottoot, leading initiatives in car pooling and drive sharing for Australian motorists.

I'm guessing thats a 'NO' then?
    www.toottoot.net.au/forums Toottoot, leading initiatives in car pooling and drive sharing for Australian motorists.

Comment

So, you want to have it so before anyone can see anything they have to use the subscription system right?

Right now in vBulletin users must first register before they can sign up for paid subscriptions.
      So after a user registers, they're in the registered usergroup (assuming they verified their email, and you're not moderation them anyway...)
      At this point you can setup a notice, or a forum, or something to explain to them they need to pay to finalize their registration.
      You need to point them somehow to the paid subscriptions page so they can signup.

Now, you said you setup a paid subscription. Did you set it up to move them to a new usergroup?
      Did you setup this new usergroup with the permissions?

Comment

Thanks for your response Zachery. Ok so,if users have to register first before they can sign up, am I able to have a registered user able to view all the forums, but not have the ability to post or pm or contact any other users. But then somehow, be told, if they would like to post etc, they must sign up for a paid subscription?

EDIT: fixing my typing errors, so my english is properer!
        Last edited by Budabing; Tue 3 Jul '12, 5:47pm.

Comment

Yeap.

First, setup the registered usergroup with whatever permissions you want them to have. AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager

You can set their usergroup level permissions here. If you don't want them to have access to a specific forum or features in the forum (or do want them to) you can set more permissions under the Forum Permissions link per usergroup per forum.

You can add a notice (AdminCP > notices ) or a number of other things to point them to the paid subscription page.

Comment

Thanks for your help =)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            or a number of other things to point them to the paid subscription page.
            Out of curiosity, what were the other number of things?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X