Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how safe is it to upgrade from 4.1.4 to current version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borbole
    replied
    Not to mention the security issues.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You're missing out on tons of bug fixes by not at least upgrading to 4.1.12.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    I'm currently running 4.1.5 and don't plan on upgrading until vB5.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    You are running an older version. It would be best to at least upgrade your forum to the latest version of the 4.1x series.

Leave a comment:

• rhender
    replied
    thanks for that link Ace. I will read up now.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by rhender View Post
    So, I am guessing I should probably have a development site for my forum, instead of doing these types of updates live. Correct?

And if so, what is the best way to go about doing that? I understand a lot of ideas related to web development.
    Yup, that's best practise.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...ng-A-Test-Site

Leave a comment:

• rhender
    replied
    So, I am guessing I should probably have a development site for my forum, instead of doing these types of updates live. Correct?

And if so, what is the best way to go about doing that? I understand a lot of ideas related to web development.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Just bear in mind the new Navigation Manager requires code changes/reverting of the navbar template, and don't completely freak out when your 'home' page becomes the Activity Stream - you can change the Default Page in the Navigation Manager.

Leave a comment:

• how safe is it to upgrade from 4.1.4 to current version?

Just as the topic says. Is there anything I need to worry about before upgrading to the current version?

Will my forum be affected negatively in any way?