Google Analytics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Google Analytics

(Note - I posted in the wrong forum last night (VB suggestions) regarding GA.)

Originally Posted by AakifNThere's a modification over at vBulletin.org that does that.

Check it out here.
    Over there (vb.org - I can't log in at .org for some reason) it says

Installation :
    • Import the product.
    • AdminCP > Settings > Options > Google Analytics
    • Enable the modification and enter in your UA-######-# account ID number.Enjoy!

Fair enough. but where do I "import the product" from? What's the "product" called ?

And is the "UA-######-# account ID number" my vb number (J8 ......)?

I have the Google code and could insert it myself if I knew which file to insert it into and its location.

Thanks for any help offered.
    It's been a pretty day.
    I hope you enjoyed it.
    Gösta

The UA-### is provided by Google, you note that then enter it into the modification settings via AdminCP > Settings > Options > Google Analytics
    • Enable the product in the first option by setting it to "Yes"
    • In the second enter your UA# then save.

Diagram and info: https://developers.google.com/analyt...nceptsAccounts

Edit: There is also a modification by Joe (BirdofPRey5) located here - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=256325 in case you want to check it out .

As for your login problem, in the members area https://members.vbulletin.com do you have the email address you used on vbulletin.org listed so it's validated? Here is our normal reply for members who show up as unlicensed:

Gosta,

You are currently showing up as unlicensed.

To be able to download modifications and/or receive support here at vBulletin.org, we ask you to please click here (vB-Germany users click here) and enter your email address. You will need to use your customer number and password (which will be in the email you got when you paid for your license) to access that page. Please note that your email is case sensitive.

To protect our customers privacy you will also need to Opt-In to license validation for all Support Sites. You must authorize vBulletin.org in order to validate your license status here. You can do this at the page linked above for your distributor. Make sure to set the permission to allow vBulletin.org to validate your status.

The update of your account can take up to one hour.

Thank you.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
    Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

Comment

Thanks Superman. I'll look into the GA tomorrow. I have it in a couple other websites and there it was just a matter of copying some Google supplied code into the header. But I don't know even which VB file to even install the code in {sigh}. VB is WAY more sophisticated than anything I'ver used before and I don't want to fool with any files unnecessarily.

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
      As for your login problem, in the members area https://members.vbulletin.com do you have the email address you used on vbulletin.org listed so it's validated? Here is our normal reply for members who show up as unlicensed:
      I went to the page you pointed to (" validate your license status here") and added another email addie. Hope that's all that's needed.

Thanks again. I'll probably (certainly?) need more help with this tomorrow, I'm sure.
      It's been a pretty day.
      I hope you enjoyed it.
      Gösta

Comment

No problem and bear in mind I posted the method to access the page for my modification i.e.

1. Login your Administrator Control Panel (AdminCP for short )
        2. Navigation on the left look for +Settings and click that to expand, then click Options now on right panel a new screen comes up with tons of options listed, scroll to find Google Analytics then double-click to open the modifications settings page and then you'll see the option to enable the mod and the field to enter in the UA# then simply save and your done .

That simple, don't let it confuse you and don't hesitate to ask more questions however for modifications you should post in their thread on www.vbulletin.org for future reference .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
        Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X