• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dustin L.
    replied
    Originally posted by Reef Man View Post
    Hi Andy, It looks it was vbseo plug in.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anybody tell me what do I need to reconfigure on vbseo to skip this in the future and turn it on?
    There's no problem using vBSEO, it's a good plugin. Make sure you upload the htaccess file that came with it, and you may need to rename it once it's on your server to .htaccess instead of htaccess.txt.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    I am not familiar with the vb seo either as I do not use it. But try to ask over at their support forum.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied

- - - Updated - - -

Does anybody tell me what do I need to reconfigure on vbseo to skip this in the future and turn it on?
    Sorry I've never used vbseo and don't see any value in it. I use the Standard URLs which don't require any .htaccess file.

Leave a comment:

• Reef Man
    replied

- - - Updated - - -

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    This one:

Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the .htaccess file.

Server errors happen for many reasons from time to time. I suggest not worry about it unless it happens again. At that point send the message to the web hosting company for an explanation.

Leave a comment:

• Reef Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Microsuck View Post
    That is not always an htaccess-related error. If you have an SEO plugin installed, it may require an htaccess file, or perhaps a file is corrupt.
    Thanks !! I turn off vbseo and works fine. What do I need to correct there to do not happen this again?

Leave a comment:

• Dustin L.
    replied
    That is not always an htaccess-related error. If you have an SEO plugin installed, it may require an htaccess file, or perhaps a file is corrupt.

Leave a comment:

• Reef Man
    replied
    Originally posted by borbole View Post
    What errors were/are you getting?
    This one:
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.acuarios-marinos.com Port 80

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Unless you are using the "Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs" option, vbulletin has no need for any .htaccess file.
    No, I am not using it.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Unless you are using the "Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs" option, vbulletin has no need for any .htaccess file.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    What errors were/are you getting?

Leave a comment:

• Reef Man
    started a topic [Forum] Correct .htaccess for vbulletin

Correct .htaccess for vbulletin

Hi,

I hire a person to do maintenance on my site, but after some time, I saw some strange things happening to my site. One of them was the update of the .htaccess with and empty one and the site works, but after some time, start to presenting errors.

Unfortunately, my host touched the .htaccess too trying to solve the problems because we fount the .htaccess empty. unfortunately, no backups of that file.

Can you tell me the correct way I need to define a .htaccess for vbulletin?

I need to solve this issues ASAP.

Thanks.