WYSIWYG Editor - Smilies broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] WYSIWYG Editor - Smilies broken

The paths to my smilies are working just fine, except in the editor when I click on the smilie face, they're all broken. They're linking to /forums//forums/images/smilies/{image}.gif

Where do I go to adjust the path that the editor is pointing to the images?

Should be under ImagePaths in the StyleVar manager.
    http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
    http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

Whenever there's a issue with smilies it's typically one of three things:
      • Image Path in StyleVars.
      • Image Path in Smiley settings (AdminCP > Smilies > Smiley Manager > Click on Smiley group name "Generic Smilies" and then click on the smiley to edit and ensure the path is also correct there).
      • Smiley images not uploaded to a custom styles image folder.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

I fixed it.

It is weird because the paths in the Smiley settings are set to /forums/images/smilies/{imagename}. The box that's to the right of the WYSIWYG editor displays the smilies fine. Inputting a smilie into a post works fine...but it was just the small popup box that clicking the WYSIWYG smilie (the sprite) that had broken links.

All I did was update the Generic smilies path to "../forums/images/smilies/{imagename}" and they're working fine now, even in the box to the right of the editor.

- - - Updated - - -

Or my other option that I just realized was to just completely get rid of ../forums/ or /forums/ all together.

images/smilies/{imagename} works just fine, and is consistent.

Comment