Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Notifications suddenly STOPPED via email

This is for ALL members.

It seems to have happened once I enabled Subscriptions. I havent changed any of the user privilages as a user just has their usertitle changed when they subscribe.

1. Ive gone into the backend and checked the email settings and it was all ok
    2. I opened the diagnostics and sent an email to various addresses and it was all fine
    3. I changed the email options to -f parameter and still nothing
    4. I changed the forum from php to SMTP, checked it with diagnostics and it worked but still no notification via email.
    5. I checked the cpanel and checked MX settings and all is ok
    6. I did an email tracking in cpanel and everything was fine

What is happening? I have no custom scripts in this forum. It is running 4.2.0 and has been running absolutely fine up until now.

Im happy for an admin to check the backend

http://forum.rsclassics360.co.uk

Thanks

Matt

- - - Updated - - -

Just an update, I had max daily emails set to 500 in my server backend - I have just gone in and changed it to unlimited.

I reversed the above settings back to no for -f and back to php

Will the server have a backup of emails and suddenly send out a shootload of emails to members or will those be null and void?

Matt

That's probably a question for your host to answer if they were held up there.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I had to change the cron job for email settings from 10 to 1000 and then run the cron job 2 times to clear it. It was the mailqueue all clogged up.

Comment

When do you run the cron job?

Comment

The cron job runs automatically via the Scheduled Tasks every 10 minutes.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I don't see cron job under my scheduled tasks

Comment

This still isn't working and our members are getting super mad.

Comment

The cron job is run every ten minutes via the scheduled task I mentioned in your thread.

Best

Dustin
                http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
                http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X