Require Question for Existing Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Require Question for Existing Users

Is there a way I can set up a required question (for registration) which also requires existing users to answer it upon their next log in?

-------

I would like to differentiate between my male and female users.

I assume I need to set up a usergroup called Male and one called Female.

Then add a required question to the registration page.

------

1) How do I tie that question into a usergroup (ie - "Male") that they will be put into, in addition to "Registered Users" ?

2) Can I possibly require existing members to answer the same question, and be automatically inserted into that usergroup upon next login? If so, how?

Thank you.
    Helpful forums on hair loss support and information.

If you set a custom profile field's Field Required option to Yes, Always, your users will be forced to fill it out when they next visit the site. Moving users to a different usergroup based on the answer, however, would require modifying the code, so ask/search over at vBulletin.org regarding that.

Comment

Okay so no way to set up a new usergroup and place people there based upon profile field response.

Comment

Originally posted by vBBurger View Post
        Okay so no way to set up a new usergroup and place people there based upon profile field response.
        Correct, not without custom code. It probably wouldn't be too hard to code, but it is outside of the scope of vB.com.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X