Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member first post.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] New member first post.

    How can I change te settings so that the first post made get put into moderation but after that they can post.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ericsson View Post
    How can I change te settings so that the first post made get put into moderation but after that they can post.
    You will need a custom mod for that.

    Comment


    • #3
      basically you use promotions...

      Copy your registered users group..call it something like Verified Users (or whatever), next set your Registered User Group to be moderated. Finally set up a promotion based on post count so that Registered Users are promoted to Verified Users after 1 post.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
        basically you use promotions...

        Copy your registered users group..call it something like Verified Users (or whatever), next set your Registered User Group to be moderated. Finally set up a promotion based on post count so that Registered Users are promoted to Verified Users after 1 post.
        Good suggestion .


        Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
          basically you use promotions...

          Copy your registered users group..call it something like Verified Users (or whatever), next set your Registered User Group to be moderated. Finally set up a promotion based on post count so that Registered Users are promoted to Verified Users after 1 post.
          Perfect, but how do I set it for members to change groups after 1 post.

          Comment


          • #6
            Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions -> Add New Promotion

            Click image for larger version

Name:	promotions.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	3689444

            Comment


            • #7
              How do I get new members to start off in the registered user group and not verified users.
              It's been a long time since I've used vb.

              Comment


              • #8
                New members will already start in the Registered Users group (usergroupid = 2) assuming they aren't awaiting email verification or being moderated entirely. There's no way to change that without a plugin.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
                  New members will already start in the Registered Users group (usergroupid = 2) assuming they aren't awaiting email verification or being moderated entirely. There's no way to change that without a plugin.

                  Ok so I've got it sorted. User registers, posts get moderated until approved. Once user post is approved they move to verified members as they have a post count of at east 1.

                  But what I wanted to do is (probably not possible but may as well ask) is for a user to post, then their post gets moderated but they move to verified members before their first post gets approved.

                  Any spam I've had on the forum has been single posts by users, I don't have any issues with spammers posting more than 1 post normally. It just means its less annoying for the genuine members as it could take up to 24 hours before Its approved.

                  Hope that all makes sense, and thanks for the help.

                  If that's not possible how to I edit the message after first post to say its in moderation, it's a bit fast and hard to read. I would also like to customise it.

                  Comment

                  widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X