Re and Optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re and Optimization

I'm trying to get things on track with our new site and a problem we're having is instability, things don't seem to stay fixed after being fixed.

In looking at the repair and optimization maintenance options I see most of our tables have Overhead of 507 MB. considering it's supposed to be zero I'm concerned.

let's say I choose only one table, like AttachmentPermission to repair and optimize, when i click to start the procedure I get Check-StatusOK, and then it says the table does not support optimize so it's doing recreate and analyze, and then it says Optimize-Status:OK

All the while at the top it says Please Wait

How long do I have to wait for it to do its thing to one table?

I originally tried to repair/optimize all of the tables at once but the screen seemed to unresponsive and when I went back to the original repair/optimize screen the Overheads had almost all gone to 507 MB from what were mostly 45 MB with one 1.5GB

What's going on?

Repair and Optimize do not speed up your forums.

Repair fixes crashed tables, if your tables were crashed the site would not load.
    Optimize removes un-used space in the database files, however only if they're myISAM or Innodb with tables as files enabled. If not running it does nothing.

Comment

we are having issues with instability. in looking through the vbulletin help guide there was a mention that the overhead values should be zero or close to it. ours weren't close to zero so I tried to run the repair/optimization function

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X