VB4 Buttons/VB3 top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] VB4 Buttons/VB3 top

Can we replace the buttons like NEW THREAD, REPLY, EDIT, QUOTE, MULTI-QUOTE, etc in vbulletin 4 with our own custom designed buttons? Like you could do in vbulletin 3?

Also, in vbulletin 3, the top of the forum was set up where you could have your forum logo sitting right next to a 728x90 adsense ad? Like in one long block? How could I do the same in vb4? I want to place that underneath my CSS tabs and above the vb4 tabs. I normally use the logo spot for movie posters of upcoming films.

Yes, but we use text instead of just images in vb4. You can edit the postbit template.

If you want to add ads, you can use the advertisement system.

Comment

Well see my custom made buttons already have the words written on them. So I want to replace the entire reply or reply with quote buttons with the custom images. Text and all. If this is possible?

Comment

Edit the postbit template

Comment

Alright so about the top. How would I code that? I want the 207x90 logo spot and then the 728x90 adsense ad in one long block. Exactly like in vbulletin 3. How would I code that so they'd sit together? And so that I could just replace the 207x90 image whenever I need to?

Comment

You have to upload your own logo via FTP.

Upload it to the /images/misc folder in the forum folder, then log into your admin control panel

Styles & Templates > Style Manager > StyleVars (from the drop menu)

Enter into the search box: titleimage . In the Title Image, replace what is there with the name of your logo image.

THen use the advertisement manager to add a advertisement to the first header logo position. That or you can edit the header template.

Comment

I have already placed my logo which is quite large, at the top of the page. But I need to know what bit of html or code I'd add to the header template to place that logo/leaderboard ad block beneath the vb4 tabs. I tried using a table code, but the 207x90 block then had a gap between it and the adsense leaderboard ad.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X