Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hacker uploaded blog entry now admin can't see recent blog entries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Answered] Hacker uploaded blog entry now admin can't see recent blog entries.

I had a hacker last night create an account and upload some weird fashion designer stuff through a blog entry. I quickly deleted his account but I noticed the blog has a fatal error for the admin when I click on the "Blogs" tab on my website and the Entries/Last 24 Hours post count link.

When I log out I don't receive this error. I'm not sure if other members with account are geting the same thing but I'm looking for help and a fix. I also notice that even though I deleted the member I can see his blog entry embedded in the jumbled scribble on the Blogs and recent tabs.

What could be the problem and how do I fix this?

I'm using vbulletin 4.2.

Go into your admincp > vBulletin Blog > Blog Entries and list the entries from last night and delete them.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

This happened to me also. I doubt it was a hacker but still... I thought that by deleting the blog entry from the blog page itself would remove it from the database. It did not and I got the "fatal error" message also. Deleting from the Admin CP worked and fixed everything but it seems this is somehow a flaw. Why isn't the entry deleted from the database when it is deleted from the blog page?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha~CPF View Post
        This happened to me also. I doubt it was a hacker but still... I thought that by deleting the blog entry from the blog page itself would remove it from the database. It did not and I got the "fatal error" message also. Deleting from the Admin CP worked and fixed everything but it seems this is somehow a flaw. Why isn't the entry deleted from the database when it is deleted from the blog page?
        You should delete these entries from the admincp directly and this error will not occur however I see what you mean, logic says if we delete it no matter how it should be "deleted" entirely but for now until we see a change make a note to delete via admincp only .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
          You should delete these entries from the admincp directly and this error will not occur however I see what you mean, logic says if we delete it no matter how it should be "deleted" entirely but for now until we see a change make a note to delete via admincp only .
          Thank you for your reply. Here's hoping this gets sorted out with the next update...

Comment

I deleted the member and it caused the same issue. Thanks for your help Michael Miller.

Comment

Not a problem, glad it helped .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
              Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
              Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Is this bug still present? I thought it was fixed, or is that 4.2.1?
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment