Attachment behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Attachment behavior

When an attachment is placed in a post on our vBulletin, and thumbnail is clicked, it spawns a new browser window.

When i click a thumbnail on this vbulletin, it comes up with a nice black border, and appears on the same page.

How do i get mine to act like this one?
    Helpful forums on hair loss support and information.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Use Image Lightbox

Comment

Thank you but i need to know what setting to use too.

1) As mentioned, when clicking the thumbnail, it takes it to a new page with a black background. You must click "Back" on your browser to go back to the thread.
      2) The User Image Lightbox is already set to "Yes" in my admin settings
      3) As mentioned, I would like the user to be able to click the thumbnail and remain on the same page.

So i would need to know which setting to enable for this.
      Last edited by vBBurger; Mon 18th Jun '12, 9:35pm.

Comment

Originally posted by vBBurger View Post
        Use Image Lightbox

Use the lightbox for quick display of attached image thumbnails rather than instantly loading the full size image on a new page.

This is already set to "Yes, Click".

Yet when you click a thumbnail it loads up a new window with a black background around the photo.

There is no explanation what "Yes Click" versus "Yes Hover" versus "Yes Click or Hover" means. Neither on the page itself nor the "?" help button.
        Sorry I can't help you with your questions. I have my inline images show full size.

Comment

Okay it looks like it should be:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Use Image Lightbox > Click or Hover

There is no help text on this option in the ACP which explains the difference between click, hover, click or hover.

"Click or Hover" allows the user to click the image, remain on the same page, and view full size.

Comment

Okay

I need to back up and rewrite this.

Its still not working like this forum works.

On this forum if you hover - nothing happens.

If you click you get an image on the current page, the image pops up on the current page.

The background content darkens. There's a nice frame around the image.

Clicking the darkened content makes the image disappear.

Or you can click the close button on the image.

How do I get *that* to work on my forum. Which setting?

Comment

Setting Use Image Lightbox to Yes, Click should accomplish that.

Comment

That did it! Dont know why I was so confused. It kept pushing clicked popup images to a new page before. Maybe thats only when its set to "No". Now its popping them up on the same page.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X