No announcement yet.

AdminCp Error (Can't save anything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] AdminCp Error (Can't save anything)

Hello Everyone,

As far as i can remember when i made changes in admincp last time it was working fine and today i was trying to make some changes in "tagging options" and when i tried to save them i got this message on a whilte page

"[an error occurred while processing this directive]"

At that point i tried to make some other changes in admincp >>Settings >> options area and tried to save them at the end and got the same error message again "
    [an error occurred while processing this directive]"

If anyone can help me on this one i will appreciate that. I tried to search around but couldn't find anything related to my issue so if its already been discussed then i am sorry

Thanks for help in advance.

Last edited by K!nG; Sun 17 Jun '12, 3:58pm.

Check your server's error logs and see if there's anything written to those for the time of the error
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Hi Trevor,

What i did i went to admincp > options and tried to do the same thing and checked error logs and found these 2 lines in red color (error msgs)

[Mon Jun 18 10:56:39 2012] [error] [client 74.1xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers: options.php, referer: http://www.mysite.com/admincp/options.php?do=options&dogroup=%5Ball%5D
      [Mon Jun 18 10:56:39 2012] [error] [client 74.1xx.xx.xx] invalid CGI ref "/500.php" in /home2/dexxxxx/public_html/mysiteeex.com/500.shtml, referer: http://www.mysite.com/admincp/options.php?do=options&dogroup=%5Ball%5D

Also someone told me its apache server error and i tried to talk to my hosting people n they said its coding problem not hosting issue.

Any help on this one will be appreciated.

Thanks
      Last edited by K!nG; Sun 6 Jan '13, 12:53pm.

Comment

Have you verified your options.php file is fully uploaded and fine? Have you tried disabling your modification to see if one of them is causing the issue?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Previously i have already tried it by disabling all plugins via config.php that didn't help & now i just uploaded fresh options.php and still same issue (tried disabling all plugins as well). Not sure where to look for all this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

When you are making the changes, are you selecting to view all the options on one page and just changing a tagging option, or are you only looking at the tagging option page and making a change? If you are viewing all, then you need to remove all the extra files you uploaded for modifications also since they add pages to that ALL OPTIONS page.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Hi Lynne..
              You always brings a smile on my face thanks :P well before i was using "show all settings" options page and i was making changes and was trying to save, it wasn't working, but after reading your response i tried it by specific page option and it does work & saves as well. Now when you said "remove all the extra files you uploaded" u meant to say all the plugins i have installed should be removed n from ftp also ??? If that's the case is there any other choice :P or if there isn't any then can i stay just like this would that affect in any other way ???

Not so important but curious to know what caused all this, everything was working fine till last week, only change i did was added this plugin
              http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268893 and even after removing this still getting error.

Once again thanks for your help

Comment

In order to find which mod is causing the issue in this case, you would need to disable the product AND remove all the files you uploaded for that product. Then go to All Options and see if saving works. Do that for all products that add an option page or add any options to the options pages.

Comment

You could also try going down the list of setting groups, saving the settings in each one one at a time until you get the error message. That should narrow down which setting group has the erroneous setting in it.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

When i save the setting page by page it saves them and workis fine but when i open all settings on one page none of them works and gets same error on all of them.

Comment

Is there anything in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)?

Comment

Here we go .... i got these errors when i checked my logs.

Originally posted by K!nG View Post
                        Hi Trevor,

What i did i went to admincp > options and tried to do the same thing and checked error logs and found these 2 lines in red color (error msgs)

[Mon Jun 18 10:56:39 2012] [error] [client 74.1xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers: options.php, referer: http://www.dxxxx.com/admincp/options...roup=%5Ball%5D
                        [Mon Jun 18 10:56:39 2012] [error] [client 74.1xx.xx.xx] invalid CGI ref "/500.php" in /home2/dexxxxx/public_html/dxxxx.com/500.shtml, referer: http://www.dxxxx.com/admincp/options...roup=%5Ball%5D

Also someone told me its apache server error and i tried to talk to my hosting people n they said its coding problem not hosting issue.

Any help on this one will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

It could be that you are passing too much information when saving the whole list, but usually that would get listed in there. You've verified via Maintenance > Diagnotics > Suspect File Version that the admincp/options.php file is totally default?

Comment

Hi,

This is the link of the error page..... http://www.mysiteforum.com/admincp/options.php?do=dooptions

and let me run the suspect file version and will update this in a second.

When i ran suspect file version there i don't see any error or something for option.php file anywhere unless i have to look something very specific ??

Comment

If the file isn't listed as not containing expected contents, then that is fine.

How many extra options pages do you have in the vbulletin options area from modifications?

Comment