Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Can't delete section?

Hi guys n' gals,

I somehow boobed on upgrading a thread into an article and it somehow materialized as a section of the same title. I have no idea how the hell that happened.

I've tried to delete it but I see no means to delete at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	section1.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	3723858Click image for larger version

Name:	section2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	3723859

I've done a search for "section delete cms" and find no definite answers.

This issue is currently stopping anyone reading the CMS side of the site (I presume permissions).

The newly created section (created in error) is the top of the hierarchy and I see no means to move it.
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.

You can delete the main section that contains all other sections.

To edit the name, go to yourdomain/forumdir/content.php?r=1-test-top-to-upgrade-to-article-test-test-with-new-topic/edit

Then just to make sure Clear System Cache and Verify and Repair Node Table

How it is end like this after promote to article!
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

I have no idea how it got from an article to a section.. but it was done while using the 'promote to article' button on test thread after I removed the old plugin from vb.org for "use original thread for article comments" seeing as 420 now uses similar concept.

It will not edit, despite clearing the system cache.
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment

check your files for suspect version, also disable all your plugins in case some have conflicts. Then try to use 'promote to article' again. This option should work without a hitch.

You can delete the main section that contains all other sections.
        I missed the NOT here - sorry. You can't delete the main section not that you can.

Comment

It cannot be edited - at all. So I cannot add any content, change the seo title or url name, add sub-sections, etc. etc.

It's just effed up completely - the fact that VB have not bothered to put a 'delete' option in is utterly ridiculous. Now I'm stuck with a CMS that cannot be edited, deleted, no permissions to view etc. etc.

This bizarre twist of fate has resulted in the death of my front pages to the website.
          No Addons - none at all.

Comment

Originally posted by karlm View Post
            It cannot be edited - at all. So I cannot add any content, change the seo title or url name, add sub-sections, etc. etc.
            Make sure you have the permissions to do so for this section:
            Admin CP -> vBulletin CMS -> Permissions

Are you sure the problem caused by 'promote to article' option? What actually happened? Did you have a CMS comment forum? Any errors? I tried to reproduce it, nothing comes like this with me.

If you have very hard experience with this, I recommend to address this with one of our support staff by opening a ticket.

Comment

Lynne is on it!
              No Addons - none at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X