X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Muhammad View Post
    I was talking about the template version stamp in style -10.

In any event, the problem just happened again a few minutes ago, so running the upgrade script again only fixed it temporarily. Something is still messing up headinclude. Any ideas?
    Did you disable all your plugins and leave them disabled? You should only re-enable them once the problem is gone. Then only enable them one at a time until you find the one causing the problem and delete it.

If you did and it is still happening and no one is touching the templates than something is wrong with your database or server configuration.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad
    replied
    I was talking about the template version stamp in style -10.

In any event, the problem just happened again a few minutes ago, so running the upgrade script again only fixed it temporarily. Something is still messing up headinclude. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The latest version currently is 4.2.0.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad
    replied
    OK, did that and now -10 is stamped 4.1.11. I'm thinking that's the latest version?

If the problem happens again I'll let you know.

Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Muhammad View Post
    Is it possible that the content in the parent style (-10) some how got changed? I assume this style gets updated during an upgrade?
    Yes.... A badly coded addon could have corrupted your templates. Run Upgrade.php to rebuild your default templates. Any template with a negative style ID should never be edited.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    If it isn't customized it will inherit it from its parent... Usually Styleid -1 or -10 for standard styles. You should not make changes to the database. We would rather you don't even look at it because if you do change it, you can make your entire forum inoperable.

The solution is to remove the addon and rebuild your styles in the Admin CP.
    I removed all addons, rebuilt styles, and the problem persists.

Is it possible that the content in the parent style (-10) some how got changed? I assume this style gets updated during an upgrade?

BTW in the database, style id -10 has a version stamp of 3.7.0 rc4 despite my forum being 4.2 PL1.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If it isn't customized it will inherit it from its parent... Usually Styleid -1 or -10 for standard styles. You should not make changes to the database. We would rather you don't even look at it because if you do change it, you can make your entire forum inoperable.

The solution is to remove the addon and rebuild your styles in the Admin CP.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad
    replied
    Two versions of the headinclude template (they aren't files) are stored in the database. A version you can edit and a version that is compiled to PHP. Whatever Addon you're using to compress your output is breaking the compiled version so that things do not work properly. This is why resaving the template fixes the issue. When you save, vBulletin recompiles the template and saves both copies.
    How can I see the broken template that is compiled to php?

If the compiled version is broken and the style does not have a customized version of headinclude, why would the headinclude template have the correct code when I view it in the style manager? Because as the forum sits right now, the theme I linked to does not have a customized headinclude template and I can't find a headinclude for that style in the database. Where is that version that I can edit stored?

We were never running compressed output on site #2, which had the problem occur as well.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Two versions of the headinclude template (they aren't files) are stored in the database. A version you can edit and a version that is compiled to PHP. Whatever Addon you're using to compress your output is breaking the compiled version so that things do not work properly. This is why resaving the template fixes the issue. When you save, vBulletin recompiles the template and saves both copies.

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad
    replied
    Ok, those are all called in headinclude, correct? I haven't touched the headinclude file... It is straight out of the box. How would it get messed up? If I so much as save the headinclude template, the issue will be resolved.

When I check headinclude right now, in the style manager, there is nothing that needs to be changed. It looks exactly as it does in a fresh vb install. But if that code were actually being called, the page would load correctly. So:

1. headinclude is not loading?
    2. headinclude is corrupt/missing?
    3. What is actually loading is different from what shows when editing templates through the style editor in admincp. If so, what is loading?

Where is headinclude stored in the database? I know that if it's customized it goes into the template table... but what about if it isn't customized? There are theme IDs like -10, -1, -2... but I can't seem to find where the default headinclude file would be called from.

The issue is not with fixing CSS. Because once headinclude is re-saved, all of the CSS errors are fixed as the correct code for headinclude is being called from the template table for that style ID. The issue is that it's getting changed. But how?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Your CSS declarations are still messed up..

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/css.php?styleid=134&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1339701650&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumbits.css,forumhome.css,widgets.css,sidebar.css,options.css,tagcloud.css" /><!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/css.php?styleid=134&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1339701650&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumbits-ie.css" /><![endif]--><!--[if lt IE 8]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/css.php?styleid=134&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1339701650&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumbits-ie.css,sidebar-ie.css" /><![endif]--><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/css.php?styleid=134&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1339701650&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=additional.css" />
    vs. the ones here:
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=12&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1338898935&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=bbcode.css,editor.css,popupmenu.css,reset-fonts.css,vbulletin.css,vbulletin-chrome.css,vbulletin-formcontrols.css," />

<!--[if lt IE 8]>
    	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=12&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1338898935&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=popupmenu-ie.css,vbulletin-ie.css,vbulletin-chrome-ie.css,vbulletin-formcontrols-ie.css,editor-ie.css" />
    	<![endif]-->
    Then some required Javascript and finally:
    Code:
    		<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=12&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1338898935&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=toolsmenu.css,postlist.css,showthread.css,postbit.css,options.css,attachment.css,poll.css,lightbox.css" />

<!--[if lt IE 8]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=12&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1338898935&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=toolsmenu-ie.css,postlist-ie.css,showthread-ie.css,postbit-ie.css,poll-ie.css" /><![endif]-->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=12&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1338898935&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=additional.css" />

Leave a comment:

• Muhammad
    replied
    Turn off whatever is compressing the HTML output and removing the whitespace. Do you still have the same problem after doing this?
    Ok, turned it off. And yes the problem persists.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Turn off whatever is compressing the HTML output and removing the whitespace. Do you still have the same problem after doing this?

Leave a comment:

• CSS Files Randomly Error/Broken - Fix by re-saving headinclude

My forums have been experiencing a problem with CSS files randomly not loading and causing the forum appearance to be without any formatting whatsoever. All javascript errors out as well.

Here is a link showing the problem on my install that has 4.2 PL1 with the default vbulletin style without any modifiications to any templates or stylevars (out of the box template): http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/i...hp?styleid=134

What I know at this point:

1. In order to fix the problem and return the CSS to functionality, the only solution is to go into style manager, and re-save the headinclude file.

2. Re-saving other style files does not fix the problem. Only headinclude.

3. The content of the headinclude file is exactly the same before and after saving.

4. If there are child styles with unique heainclude files, those too need to be re-saved before the problem will be corrected in each style.

5. Re-saving the headinclude file in a child style does not fix the problem in the parent style. Similarly, re-saving in a parent style does not fix the child style.

6. This problem happens on any style, regardless of whether it is customized or not. This includes the mobile style as well.

7. Adding a child style does not fix the parent style. The child style will also be broken.

FYI, I have three vbulletin installs as follows:

1. 4.2 PL1 on server #1 with 2.8 million posts. The problem has been happening on average 4-5 times per week, randomly, since May 10, 2012. Sometimes three times in two hours, sometimes once in three days. Recently upgraded from 3.7.2 PL1. Problem has happened twice in two days since upgrade.

2. 4.0.3 on server #1 PL1 with 50k posts, had the issue once on May 12, 2012, but never again

3. 4.0.1 on server #2 with 50k posts ... never had the issue.

Server #1 specs are:
    Dual Xeon 5520
    12GB RAM
    1TB primary partition
    64GB Intel X25-E SSD database partition

PHP Version 5.2.17
    System Linux harvester 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jan 16 16:22:28 UTC 2012 x86_64
    Build Date Feb 9 2012 19:35:40
    Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php5' '--with-gd' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--without-openssl' '--enable-fastcgi' '--with-gettext' '--with-curl' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-soap'
    Server API CGI/FastCGI
    Virtual Directory Support disabled
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/php5/lib
    Loaded Configuration File /usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini
    Scan this dir for additional .ini files (none)
    additional .ini files parsed (none)
    PHP API 20041225
    PHP Extension 20060613
    Zend Extension 220060519
    Debug Build no
    Thread Safety disabled
    Zend Memory Manager enabled
    IPv6 Support enabled
    Registered PHP Streams compress.zlib, php, file, data, http, ftp
    Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg
    Registered Stream Filters zlib.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed

Server #2 specs are:

(Linode server with 1.5gb ram)

PHP Version 5.2.17

System Linux couch 3.0.18-x86_64-linode24 #1 SMP Mon Jan 30 14:25:46 EST 2012 x86_64
    Build Date Feb 12 2012 14:05:48
    Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php5' '--with-gd' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--without-openssl' '--enable-fastcgi' '--with-gettext' '--with-curl' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-soap'
    Server API CGI/FastCGI
    Virtual Directory Support disabled
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/php5/lib
    Loaded Configuration File /usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini
    Scan this dir for additional .ini files (none)
    additional .ini files parsed (none)
    PHP API 20041225
    PHP Extension 20060613
    Zend Extension 220060519
    Debug Build no
    Thread Safety disabled
    Zend Memory Manager enabled
    IPv6 Support enabled
    Registered PHP Streams compress.zlib, php, file, data, http, ftp
    Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg
    Registered Stream Filters zlib.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed

This is the same or similar issue as described in these threads:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...d-all-the-time
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...mes-don-t-load

Thanks in advance...