Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You would have to use phpMyAdmin or the command line to restore your database backup into a new database.

This might help: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...nel-phpMyAdmin

Leave a comment:

• Marius Pettersen
    replied
    Ok, but i downloaded the database, how can i upload the database content to the new installation i have?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What do you mean by crash?

An install won't fix database issues. The best option is to fix the crash itself.

Leave a comment:

• Marius Pettersen
    replied
    Hey. I got the whole thing to crash, I reinstalled get many times. How do I remove everything and download all the forums / Users so I can install everything again and do not need to add new forum and stuff?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    A development installation is where you can test things out before you make them live to your users. That way if things break, they don't know about it.

Yes, you should contact the creator of the style if you can't update it with your own skills.

Leave a comment:

• Marius Pettersen
    replied
    What is a development install?

- - - Updated - - -

So i should contact the theme creator for updates files for 4.2?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Yes, you will need to re-apply your customizations to the page after reverting. This is why we recommend running a development installation.

Leave a comment:

• Marius Pettersen
    replied
    That is working, but now the design looks messed up. I have no idea how to fix this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	doc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	3687498

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, reverting is affecting the entire page's design. Check out meaphilosophia.net

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Revert your navbar template and then re-apply your customizations for look and feel if needed.

Leave a comment:

• Marius Pettersen
    started a topic 4.2 Stylesheet error?

4.2 Stylesheet error?

Hi, I updated my forum today. It was a bit more of a headache than I expected. I chose the original vBulletin sure it was the easiest solution. Easy to install and use. Today both disappeared "Articles" and "blog" from the menu on my page.

I've heard a lot about this navigation plugin that is new, but they are enabled in the plugin but it is not the style set.

I tried to see how the update worked on the default style set, there was no problem, but I do not quite understand is the templates overwritten?

I have been trying this:
    I've tried to reinstall the forum
    I've tried to reinstall the stylesheet, but still it remains so

The language of the forum is set to be Norwegian, but I've changed it to English to make it easier for you to help me.

Only thing I can say that I got an error message on first installation that said they were unable to merge new data into the stylesheet. I therefore revert printed and then disappeared suddenly. But I do not understand how this can continue when I have reinstalled style set?

Please contact me for diagnostic logs

- - - Updated - - -

I attached a web site link and a image how the page looked like before. Some simple explanations of terms:

• Hjem - Home (CMS)
    • Forum - Forum
    • Hva er nytt? - What's new
    • Søk - Search

meaphilosophia.net is the suite site.
    Be aware that the attached image is a edited version of the mainpage used for the facebook timeline banner. But the navbar is the correct one.
    Attached Files
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X