Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can there be users on a closed board??? Strange!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How can there be users on a closed board??? Strange!!!

Maybe I am missing something but can someone tell me how on a brand new forum I just installed not even 2 days ago can have 11 users and 4 posts (all spam) and the forums aren't even active (turned on)?

All I did was install it then came back today to work on it and found these posts and users?

Can someone explain this and how to stop it? Also, how do I clear these posts and users out of my server completely?

Very Confused,
    Kimberly

Are you sure your forum was closed? spammers can't register if the you select No for "forum is active?" option.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

Originally posted by al3bed View Post
      Are you sure your forum was closed? spammers can't register if the you select No for "forum is active?" option.
      I am positive! I installed the forums, went to the admincp and put the message I wanted them to see, made sure "no" was selected for "forum active" then closed it. When I went in yesterday 4 people had posted spam yesterday.

I am running 4.20 pl1 and do not understand this at all!

Comment

Users can still be logged in, which means the show online. It doesn't mean they can see anything. Are you positive that they posted it before the software was turned off?

Comment

It's never been turned on. That's what's so confusing and frustrating! It is a brand new board that I haven't even added or edited anything except 1 tab.

Comment

Never heard of anything such as this. If you have turned the board off, it is off.

Look at those user accounts' registration date/time. Probably before you closed the board off...

Comment

Originally posted by SouthpawK View Post
              Maybe I am missing something but can someone tell me how on a brand new forum I just installed not even 2 days ago can have 11 users and 4 posts (all spam) and the forums aren't even active (turned on)?

All I did was install it then came back today to work on it and found these posts and users?

Can someone explain this and how to stop it? Also, how do I clear these posts and users out of my server completely?

Very Confused,
              Kimberly
              to delete your spam posts and ban the spammers just tick the affected threads and at the bottom click on moderation tools and from the drop down menu choose "delete posts as spam" and choose the completely remove option. i agree with above they probably sneaked in before you turned the board off. try turning it off and visit as a guest, you should get your message.

Comment

A board gets created and it is "on". You need to manually go in and turn it "off". So, as Riasat asked, are you sure they didn't do this before you turned it off?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thank you everyone that has responded. However, I will say this one more time...the board has never been on! It is brand new, nothing on it and has been OFF since within 1 minute of installing it.

I'm not giving this anymore time but when I do turn it on all new members will be moderated and that should fix the problem.

Thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X