Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froberg
    replied
    I just had this issue, too.. Thank Christ for the search engine!

Leave a comment:

• toon79
    replied
    Brill thanks for the Confirmation Trevor

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Fixed in 4.2.1:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-5294

Leave a comment:

• toon79
    replied
    Is there a long term solution for this? I didn't even realize many of the blogs on my site were not accessable until google started presenting huge crawl errors, with all the VB updates is this not something that can bee addressed?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Ahh. Not feeling so much in Coventary now. Forgot that sometimes, you have to tell people things over and over again.
    Sometimes you need to write a post a certain way for the user to understand what you are saying. That is why it is great to have several people answering questions here because we all say "the same thing" a different way and usually one of those ways is the way that clicks with the user.

Leave a comment:

• coffeelover
    replied
    I apologize for not giving everyone props here - you were all right. The reason I wasn't able to solve the problem right away was that even though the user still partially existed in the database, I could find their blog posts when I searched by name. I didn't realize that I could search posts by username - but leave the username blank - until the end.

Sorry! Maybe I am dumb as a box of rocks... Some of us aren't as intimately aware of the finer details of vBulletin. Additionally, one line answers tend to leave some of the finer details open to interpretation.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Go into the admincp > vBulletin blog > blog entries > list recent entries and delete all his entries there.
    Originally posted by Ace View Post
    If a user is deleted without deleting their blog entries, it gives that error. Normal users can access the pages fine because they don't get shown the items that are causing the error... I think.
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    You have blogs with deleted users. You need to delete the bad blogs that do not have users.

AdminCP > Blogs > Blog Entires

Go back 10 years, find all of the blogs without a user and delete them.
    Ahh. Not feeling so much in Coventary now. Forgot that sometimes, you have to tell people things over and over again.

Leave a comment:

• coffeelover
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    You have blogs with deleted users. You need to delete the bad blogs that do not have users.

That fixed it - thanks! Since the user had been deleted, I hadn't been able to find any of his left over blog posts. I searched leaving the username blank and all the spam blogs popped up (40 or so). Now that the spam blog posts have been deleted, I am able to access the Blog listing page as an admin.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied

Leave a comment:

• coffeelover
    replied
    I have to admit - this one has me stumped. The crux of the issue is that I can't access any blogs or the blog listing page as an admin. I can access them when I am logged out. I am not sure how to fix this issue. Do you think reapplying that 4.2 update would fix it?

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by coffeelover View Post
    Thanks! When I do that, it indicates that the user no longer exists (as I deleted his profile before I ran into this problem). When I am logged out on the forum, his blog entries don't show up. It somehow seems to do with my own admin profile - not sure how.
    If a user is deleted without deleting their blog entries, it gives that error. Normal users can access the pages fine because they don't get shown the items that are causing the error... I think.

Leave a comment:

• coffeelover
    replied
    Thanks! When I do that, it indicates that the user no longer exists (as I deleted his profile before I ran into this problem). When I am logged out on the forum, his blog entries don't show up. It somehow seems to do with my own admin profile - not sure how.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Go into the admincp > vBulletin blog > blog entries > list recent entries and delete all his entries there.

Leave a comment:

• coffeelover
    started a topic [Blog] Unable to Access Blogs as Admin ?

Unable to Access Blogs as Admin ?

I had an odd thing happen this morning. I ran into a spammer on my forum actively posting 10 or more spam blog posts. He had just registered and was logged onto the forum

I deleted his user profile and then went to the Blogs tab to see the extent of the spam. The Blogs page no longer opens and I get this error:

Fatal error: is_member_of_blog(): $bloginfo['permissions'] not defined. in [path]/includes/blog_functions_shared.php on line 275

A screenshot is also attached. Oddly if I log out as the admin and hit the Blog tab as an unregistered user, everything looks normal. All the old blogs posts are there (except the spam - it's gone). I have jumped onto two separate computers using different browsers and it's the same. It appears that I can't access the Blogs page as the site owner / admin.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	blog-page-error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	3723493
    Last edited by coffeelover; Sun 10 Jun '12, 11:29am.