Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skimlinks / Skimwords not displaying under VB 4.1.11 (ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Skimlinks / Skimwords not displaying under VB 4.1.11 (ish)

I have recently run through the creation of a skimlinks account and integrating it into my forum however I seem to have run into a few problems.

While I test this I have enabled the functionality only for Guest and Administrator usergroups (all posts in all forums) however I had to look through about 15 threads (as Guest) to find a single Skimlinks link and as yet haven't found any Skimword links. This sounds like something in Skim itself so maybe the solution to that cannot be found here.

However...

I cannot get the Skim code to render correctly under the Admin account and this looks like an issue in VB. Following the guidance here:

It shows that when using the admin account the skim code is not correctly inserted into the page which therefore explains why no links show up.

Any ideas?

As a possibly related aside, I enabled Skim a few months ago for a matter of hours - it was all working fine then. I have also checked that the plugin is enabled.

EDIT : I have also checked that the profile option to disabled skim is set to enabled

EDIT2 : Checking the markup generated when accessing the site with the Admin account I found:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">

var noskimlinks = true,
    		noskimwords = true,
    		skimlinks_product = 'vbulletin';

vBulletin.events.SkimlinksActivate.fire();

</script>
    For the guest account the boolean JS vars are false - so it seems the skim plugin is not properly setting the output

- - - Updated - - -

After a little debugging I have found the cause of the Admin account not being able to see any Skimlinks

As detailed above I am testing at the moment so Skim is only enabled for Guests and Admin usergroups - However my admin account is also a member of the Facebook Users group. This was causing the plugin to set my enabled state to false.
    Last edited by MrEyes; Thu 7 Jun '12, 2:48pm.
    This is a signature, with a picture

sigpic

UK Motorbike Forum

Hi from Skimlinks

MrEyes,

Hi! Meghan from Skimlinks here. We scoped out your site on our end and it appears that your clicks and revenue have been increasing every day (congrats!)- did you find a resolution to your problem? For tips on optimizing your site for Skimlinks and some good tips and tricks check out our blog- "13 Ways to Get the Most Out of Skimlinks"

Please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] if problems persist
    Have a great day!
    Meghan

Originally posted by MrEyes View Post
    I have recently run through the creation of a skimlinks account and integrating it into my forum however I seem to have run into a few problems.

While I test this I have enabled the functionality only for Guest and Administrator usergroups (all posts in all forums) however I had to look through about 15 threads (as Guest) to find a single Skimlinks link and as yet haven't found any Skimword links. This sounds like something in Skim itself so maybe the solution to that cannot be found here.

However...

I cannot get the Skim code to render correctly under the Admin account and this looks like an issue in VB. Following the guidance here:

It shows that when using the admin account the skim code is not correctly inserted into the page which therefore explains why no links show up.

Any ideas?

As a possibly related aside, I enabled Skim a few months ago for a matter of hours - it was all working fine then. I have also checked that the plugin is enabled.

EDIT : I have also checked that the profile option to disabled skim is set to enabled

EDIT2 : Checking the markup generated when accessing the site with the Admin account I found:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">

var noskimlinks = true,
            noskimwords = true,
            skimlinks_product = 'vbulletin';

vBulletin.events.SkimlinksActivate.fire();

</script>
    For the guest account the boolean JS vars are false - so it seems the skim plugin is not properly setting the output

- - - Updated - - -

After a little debugging I have found the cause of the Admin account not being able to see any Skimlinks

As detailed above I am testing at the moment so Skim is only enabled for Guests and Admin usergroups - However my admin account is also a member of the Facebook Users group. This was causing the plugin to set my enabled state to false.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X