edit images in ckeditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] edit images in ckeditor

is there any way in VB4.2 to allow resizeing of images in ckeditor?

i can use the demo and do what i want it just doesn't work with vb4.2.?

with the way ckeditor is currently working there is no way you could create the default CMS content and have it look the same.

You can double click on an image that is attached, and configure small/med/large/fullsize but you cannot resize images in ckeditor like you would an actual image editor. Its not intended to be a replacement for an image editor either.

Comment

doesn't work. all it does is select the image.

this is the error IE8 is giving me when i double click

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3)
      Timestamp: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 19:55:52 UTC

Line: 280
      Char: 42
      Code: 0
      URI: hxxp://www.princereunion.com/clientscript/ckeplugins/attachment/dialogs/attachment.js?v=420&t=B8DJ5M3

Message: [CKEDITOR.dialog.openDialog] Dialog "attachment" failed when loading definition.
      Line: 98
      Char: 1498
      URI: hxxp://www.princereunion.com/clientscript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js?t=A7HG4HT&v=420

btw, this a new default install no mods at all.
      Last edited by tomsch; Tue 5 Jun '12, 11:59am.

Comment

update:
        using ie9 and chrome i can't get the image editor pop up to appear.

using firefox i can get the popup to appear but it closes immediatly

Comment

vbulletin.com logo

Make sure the image is in attachments not just IMG BB code tag and you're using WYSIWYG.
          Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
          vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

i'm sure ir is as i am using the default content but here is the source for the content

ATTACH=CONFIG]10[/ATTACHLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua

this is the error code i get on some images when i double click on them

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3)
            Timestamp: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:23:47 UTC

Message: [CKEDITOR.dialog.openDialog] Dialog "attachment" failed when loading definition.
            Line: 98
            Char: 1498
            URI: http://www.test.com/clientscript/cke...=A7HG4HT&v=420
            Last edited by tomsch; Sun 15 Jul '12, 9:34am.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsch View Post
              update:
              using ie9 and chrome i can't get the image editor pop up to appear.

using firefox i can get the popup to appear but it closes immediatly
              I have this exact same issue. In IE it shows resize lines on image but no pencil or way to edit. I want to wrap text.
              In firefox v14 double click brings editor briefly then dissapears. Occasionally it stays but you cant add information or close it.

Is there a better editor as a mod anyone can recommend?

Comment

Please start your own thread.

Comment

This is a known issue I have reported before, the issue only effects IE as it works fine in FireFox...
                  To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                  My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                  CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                  Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Never bothered me in IE9.

Comment

I am sorry, I should've mentioned it's effecting IE8. I have reported the issue with IE8 as that's what I use...
                      To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                      My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                      CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                      Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment