Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Can not access user profile customization area at all

Hi,

Using vBulletin v4.2 Suite, have searched the forum for possible solutions to why no matter what I set am getting "do not have permission" messages whenever I try to go to "profile.php?do=customize" area (doesn't show the button up in the UserCP either).

I'm Administrator, with full access, I have tried enabling/disabling/re-enabling the user profile customization options, both in vBulletin settings & usergroup settings. I've cleared the cache. I've tried all the various things suggested on the forum so far (inc re-installation, disabling all products, use default style, create new default style, etc). All to no avail.

Any ideas why I can't get the customization area enabled for my users?

Thanks.

Is this a vbulletin No Permission error or a server No Permission error?

Do you have the option turned on under AdminCP > Settings > Options > User Profile Options > Enabled User Profile Features?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yup, all options are turned on and enabled. Haven't come across any other permission errors just this one. All the rest appear to be working fine it seems.

EDIT: Oh and its a vbulletin no permission error.

Comment

Does it work on a totally default style? Create a new style with no parent:
        • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
        • Parent Style: No Parent Style
        • Title: Default vBulletin
        • Allow User Selection: Yes
        • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

As I said in my first post ("create new default style"), I already tried that too and no go.

Have even created a new test user account, and tried it at every usergroup level and even turned off and fully disabled all products.

Comment