Moderate visitor messages and ban/delete users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Moderate visitor messages and ban/delete users

Is there any easy way to scan or moderate all visitors messages and delete messages and ban/delete users if they are spammers? I am looking in the database table visitormessage but it's quite some work to look up that user, delete visitor messages and ban or delete that user in admincp.

Can I delete these messages directly in the database table or will that create problems elsewhere?
    SaabWorld

It is not recommended to delete directly from the database. There are several functions runs to update stats every time something added to or deleted from the database.

You can delete visitor messages of a user from the admincp, go to Users -> Search for Users -> User Manager
    Then, select "Delete visitor messages Sent by User" from the drop down select menu "Quick User Links".

Or you could do that from the user profile.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

Thnaks Abdulla. I know how to delete visitor messages for a single user. But the point is, I want to see all messages for/from all users so that's why I was looking in the database table.

I search a bit more and this is pretty much what I am looking for: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...up-messages-in
      SaabWorld

Comment

There is no such functionality to do so, even when it was suggested before.

Still you can either moderate visitor messages or upgrade to 4.2 and depend on Activity Stream to be in touch with all new updates.
        Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
        vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

Originally posted by fwulfers View Post
          Thnaks Abdulla. I know how to delete visitor messages for a single user. But the point is, I want to see all messages for/from all users so that's why I was looking in the database table.

I search a bit more and this is pretty much what I am looking for: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...up-messages-in
          Have a look at this mod.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...hlight=visitor

I have coded a mod that will prevent users with less than a certain post count to post links in visitor messages. It cut down spam a lot. You can download it from my forum if you would like to make use of it as well

http://www.forumservices.eu/vb/threa...isitor-message

Comment

moderation.php?do=viewvms&type=new

Click the Settings at the top of your site.

Scroll down the menu on the left and in the Moderation box at the bottom choose -> New -> Visitor Messages.

Check the boxes of the ones you want to delete.

Then under Moderator Tools choose -> Delete messages.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks so much Wayne, that is exactly what I was looking for. I thought I looked there before but must have missed it. Or perhaps it is a new feature?

Thanks borbole, I'll make sure to check out that mod. Visitor message spam isn't a huge problem on our site but I like to keep things clean and organized so that may help.
              Last edited by fwulfers; Fri 1 Jun '12, 4:42pm.
              SaabWorld

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                moderation.php?do=viewvms&type=new

Click the Settings at the top of your site.

Scroll down the menu on the left and in the Moderation box at the bottom choose -> New -> Visitor Messages.

Check the boxes of the ones you want to delete.

Then under Moderator Tools choose -> Delete messages.

Hello,

This is exactly what I would like to do as well, however, I have vbulletin 3.8.7 and can't find the pathway that you suggested.

Can I still do this in 3.8.7?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by toneloc View Post
                  Hello,

This is exactly what I would like to do as well, however, I have vbulletin 3.8.7 and can't find the pathway that you suggested.

Can I still do this in 3.8.7?

Thanks
                  No... This is the vBulletin 4 forum. You can't do this in vBulletin 3.8.7 as far as I am aware. At least not with visitor messages.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X