Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fetal error occurres when tryin to submit posts and/or messages!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] fetal error occurres when tryin to submit posts and/or messages!

    hey guys I've frequently have been getting a fetal error when I try to submit any posts and/or msgs and I need your guys help to help me figure out what is causing the fetal error I am getting and help me solve it.=/


    oh yeah this is the fetal error I get.=/

    Code:
    Fatal error:  Call to a member function clean_gpc() on a non-object in /home3/khmediaf/public_html/includes/class_wysiwygparser.php(231) : eval()'d code on line 14

  • #2
    What is the exact error you are getting?

    Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

    W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

    Comment


    • #3
      I just posted it under code tags that is the exact error I'm getting but what the heck here you go.^ ^

      Code:
      Fatal error:  Call to a member function clean_gpc() on a non-object in /home3/khmediaf/public_html/includes/class_wysiwygparser.php(231) : eval()'d code on line 14

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice to see you got your vB.com account working finally, Sean (or Dark Lycan, as you are known as on vB.org).

        Anyway, this is odd, indeed. I wonder if it's localized to you, since I'm not experiencing this. I'll make a thread on KH-MF and see if anyone else is experiencing it.
        Former vBulletin user

        Comment


        • #5
          alright thx man, and yeah it is odd but hopefully I can get help on figuring out the prob.^ ^

          Comment


          • #6
            Update!

            It appears that he also cannot PM and VM other members.

            I wonder if it's a browser issue. Sean, what browser are you using and have you tried clearing everything on your browser? (Cache, cookies, et cetera.)
            Last edited by Amaury; Thu 31st May '12, 3:23pm. Reason: More
            Former vBulletin user

            Comment


            • #7
              First step would be to disable plugins, as that is a parser error in eval (which is templates, phrases, or plugins).

              Comment


              • #8
                This is being caused by a plugin using the wysiwyg_parse_start hook, to be more specific. If you search your plugin manager, you should be able to find what product has a plugin on that hook and disable it or update it.

                Someone else had a similar problem and said that the product causing it was VaultWiki and that there was an update available to fix it. That may or may not be the case here, I just wanted to mention it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
                  This is being caused by a plugin using the wysiwyg_parse_start hook, to be more specific. If you search your plugin manager, you should be able to find what product has a plugin on that hook and disable it or update it.

                  Someone else had a similar problem and said that the product causing it was VaultWiki and that there was an update available to fix it. That may or may not be the case here, I just wanted to mention it.
                  What I'm curious about is why it seems to be affecting only him. I'm not experiencing it, and, as far I know, since no one's said anything to me on MSN or KH.Vids.Net Forum (for those that are also members there), no one else is.
                  Former vBulletin user

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
                    What I'm curious about is why it seems to be affecting only him. I'm not experiencing it, and, as far I know, since no one's said anything to me on MSN or KH.Vids.Net Forum (for those that are also members there).
                    They could just be running an older version of it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
                      They could just be running an older version of it.
                      An older version of what? Could you elaborate, please?

                      If you're referring to my KHV reference in there, I was just saying that some of our members are members on that forum, and no one's messaged me on there saying they're having problems. It seems to be only our owner, Sean (Shadow Demon), that is having the fatal error problem.

                      I will take a look at that plugin, though.

                      Also, we do have VaultWiki, and it is version 3.0.10 Lite.

                      Edit: I am not seeing that plugin. Is there a way to search for it specifically?

                      Edit 2: Found it. I was looking at the title and not the hook location in Plugin Manager.
                      Last edited by Amaury; Thu 31st May '12, 8:04pm. Reason: Note
                      Former vBulletin user

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ah, I didn't realize he was from the same forum you've been getting support for. Guess that's what I get for not reading the entire thread as thoroughly.

                        Just do a Ctrl+F in your browser on the Plugin Manager page and search for wysiwyg_parse_start - you should find something, even if it isn't VaultWiki.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
                          Ah, I didn't realize he was from the same forum you've been getting support for. Guess that's what I get for not reading the entire thread as thoroughly.

                          Just do a Ctrl+F in your browser on the Plugin Manager page and search for wysiwyg_parse_start - you should find something, even if it isn't VaultWiki.
                          Yeah, he's our owner. Don't worry, I've done the same thing, haha!

                          Anyway, yup, just edited my previous post again because I found it.

                          It looks like it is the VaultWiki, and I'm assuming the fix is in version 3.0.11 since it's the latest version?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	VaultWiki.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	3687433
                          Former vBulletin user

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That's very likely. I've never used VaultWiki so I don't know personally.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              if that's the cause of it then if my staff hasn't done so already I will disable the vaultwiki mod til there is a fix for that prob, ty matt.^ ^

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X