domain root keeps redirecting to forum.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Ive read this a few times and I honestly dont understand it.
    http://www.example.com and http://www.example.com/content/ are completely different URLs as far as the Search Engines are concerned. This directly effects the search engine positioning and income of websites. Even if it is only for a few weeks while the search engines rebuild their indexes, it can have disastrous affects on a site's income. This is the problem people have with this change.

Depending on configuration, some browsers won't even do the redirect without user intervention. Instead they are given a warning.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

We just installed the vB suite in the root with blog.php. content.php, forum.php in the root. The default domain URL goes to What's New? When we set the Default tab to CMS and click on Articles, it goes to domain/content.php but quickly redirects to page not found. If we set the default tab to any other module, we still cannot load the Articles page as it redirects to the default tab.

On 4.1.8, with the same installation folder (root), domain name used to go to Articles. Found some topics to edit the index.php but vB's concept is not to hack any files, right? Using settings does not work as intended as mentioned above. Is it difficult to conditionally include forum.php or content.php based on some setting so we do not have to hack any files? The default tab could be saved in config.php if necessary. When we modified a couple of files earlier, reCAPTCHA stopped rendering on signup form until we uploaded a fresh copy.

How we we fix this? Please advise...

TIA

Comment

You really should start your own thread about the issue and also post a link to your site so we can view the problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X