Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nav Tabs not highlighting properly

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [CMS] Nav Tabs not highlighting properly

    I installed v3Arcade on my vB4.2 test site. Using the option in the product to add navigation to the main nav bar doesn't work. It turns out like Syxguns posted here:

    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/402077-Tabs-are-not-changing-Big-problem!?highlight=navigation

    So I turned off that option in the product and decided to just build the navigation myself using the navigation manager.

    I started off creating a new tab called "Arcade", selecting the product in the Add Tab form.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 11.52.34 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	3723438

    Just to test this real quick before adding the links/menus to my new tab, I checked it on the forum. The new tab links correctly to the arcade, but the Forum tab remains highlighted and the Forum Links remain viewable (the attachment shows the Navigation Bar after having clicked on the new Arcade tab and going to the arcade page).

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 11.53.20 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	3723439

    I've searched this forum looking for a setting that I'd not got right but I can't find any info on it.

    I'm obviously doing something wrong, and after reading the Navigation Manager articles here, I thought I'd done it all correctly.

    Can someone help me with this?

  • #2
    Same issue

    I can confirm the same issue on my site. Regardless of the sub-links or menus that I set up for my new tab, they do not display. After some testing, I found that the sub-links seem inextricably tied to the landing page of the tab link. For instance, if I make a new tab that's meant to point to a particular sub-section of the FAQs, the navigation system still shows the Forum's menus, presumably because the FAQs are within the forum. If I change the landing page to a blog page, the menu system assumes that I'm in the blog navigation section, etc.

    The solution would seem to be to force the navigation to respect your preferences by tab, rather than by the landing page. I haven't found a way to do this as of yet, however.

    Comment


    • #3
      Look at your file arcade.php and search at the top of the file the value of THIS_SCRIPT.
      Put this value (without THIS_SCRIPT and no quote) in the last case of your Tab edit.
      The sub-nav appears only if the Tab if selected.
      Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Eve_Ra View Post
        Look at your file arcade.php and search at the top of the file the value of THIS_SCRIPT.
        Put this value (without THIS_SCRIPT and no quote) in the last case of your Tab edit.
        The sub-nav appears only if the Tab if selected.
        Eve_Ra, you're officially my favorite!

        Thank you so much. Perfect.

        - - - Updated - - -

        Originally posted by Ozymandyus View Post
        I can confirm the same issue on my site. Regardless of the sub-links or menus that I set up for my new tab, they do not display. After some testing, I found that the sub-links seem inextricably tied to the landing page of the tab link. For instance, if I make a new tab that's meant to point to a particular sub-section of the FAQs, the navigation system still shows the Forum's menus, presumably because the FAQs are within the forum. If I change the landing page to a blog page, the menu system assumes that I'm in the blog navigation section, etc.

        The solution would seem to be to force the navigation to respect your preferences by tab, rather than by the landing page. I haven't found a way to do this as of yet, however.
        I've noticed too, Ozymandyus.

        Just playing with the new Navigation setup I created a tab that linked directly to an article in the CMS. When clicked on, the "Articles" tab becomes highlighted and the new tab, named for the article, does not become highlighted.

        I wonder if Eve_Ra's information, which addressed my original post, might be a clue as to this other little issue. This seems to be more of a "I don't yet know what I'm doing" rather than a bug.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kirkus View Post
          Just playing with the new Navigation setup I created a tab that linked directly to an article in the CMS. When clicked on, the "Articles" tab becomes highlighted and the new tab, named for the article, does not become highlighted.

          I wonder if Eve_Ra's information, which addressed my original post, might be a clue as to this other little issue. This seems to be more of a "I don't yet know what I'm doing" rather than a bug.
          That's currently not possible, as the THIS_SCRIPT value for any page in the CMS is the same as the rest of the CMS.

          Might be addressed in future, or maybe Andreas' mod on vbulletin.org would fix the issue.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

          Comment


          • #6
            It is possible with a plugin. I think I have posted that code over on vbulletin.org today.

            Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

            W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

            Comment


            • #7
              Cool! Thank you Ace, Lynne.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kirkus View Post
                Just playing with the new Navigation setup I created a tab that linked directly to an article in the CMS. When clicked on, the "Articles" tab becomes highlighted and the new tab, named for the article, does not become highlighted.
                Originally posted by Ace View Post
                That's currently not possible, as the THIS_SCRIPT value for any page in the CMS is the same as the rest of the CMS.
                But you have two solutions :
                1 - put your article on the home page of CMS.
                2 - put your article on the sub-nav of Articles, why not on a menu in the sub-nav (where you will put other articles if you want).
                Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                  It is possible with a plugin. I think I have posted that code over on vbulletin.org today.
                  Can you point me in the direction of this please Lynne Id like to implement this on my site.
                  CertForums.com Help, Advice and Resources to Pass Your Certification

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SiFor View Post
                    Can you point me in the direction of this please Lynne Id like to implement this on my site.
                    Here is Lynne's post - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...06&postcount=4


                    Former vBulletin Support Staff
                    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X