mod rewrite and CMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] mod rewrite and CMS

I'm having trouble getting the mod rewrite to work properly on a clean 4.2 suite install, but only for the CMS (articles) section.

It's set to mod rewrite.
    vb is installed in the /forum/ directory.
    Currently, there is nothing in the root directory, but I'd like to have the CMS at the root.
    All the links (forum, what's new, usercp, blogs, etc...) work fine w/ the mod rewrite. However, it is only the Articles (or CMS) that doesn't work, and it returns a 404 page not found error. The url that it goes to is mysite.com/forum/content.php

Did I do something wrong?

I did edit the sample .htaccess by uncommenting 2 lines (but am not sure if I should have):

# If you are having problems or are using VirtualDocumentRoot, uncomment this line and set it to your forum component directory.
    RewriteBase /forum/

# If you are having problems with the rewrite from content/ to content.php, uncomment this line to turn MultiViews off.
    Options -MultiViews

- - - Updated - - -

I think I resolved this on my own. I explained what I did in this post: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/402164-CMS-in-root-FORUM-in-forum-directory
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X