Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Confused on Section Manager

Hi,

I am a bit confused on the use of the section manager. Ideally, I'd like to be able to display all articles I create on my home page but also file them into different sections (and have a link in the nav bar). Everything I post goes into the 'Latest Articles' default section and if I move these to a new section I've created they disappear from the home page. Is this possible to do? Thanks.

Go to your Home page and click the edit pencil next to the section name. Now you can set Content From to include Sub-Sections instead of just from that section.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

When I click edit the only thing I see is: '
      Choose and set Display Order for Sections to appear in Navbar'

When I choose a section here it goes in the navbar, but articles don't show on the home page, only if I click the sub section link.

- - - Updated - - -

I see the checkbox to display content from sub sections. I am moving the article to a sub section but it disappears from the home page.

Comment

You don't see something like this - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...ections/view/4

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

I do see that...

I am using the default section that said 'Latest Articles', I believe. I have been posting all my content here but want to start using the sections. I had thought if I made sub-sections, I can show all content on the front page and still have them listed in their section pages. I have played with the settings for a couple hours and looked at the documentation on the forums, but am unable to get it.

Comment

If you set the front pag to show content from sub-sections also, then it should show the articles you post in those sub-sections.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X