Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] VB 4.20 Install Issue

Hello all,

I decided that I was going to do the upgrade to vb 4.2.0 from vb 4.1.12.

Once the install was done I checked the system to make sure all functions are working. What does work OK is the Articles, Blogs, and my Links directory. However when I click on the forum tab there is nothing there, no forums are being displayed at all. I went into the Naviagtion too, and made Forums the default and get a blank page which then times out. I would prefer going to the Forums when a user logs onto the system so that is once concern the other being I cannot see the forums.

When I move the mouse over to the Forums tab I see the following: forums/activity.php and this does not look right to me at all. In the includes/config.php I also tried disable all the plugins and I still dont's see the forums being listed.

So somewhere I have missed something along the lines and looking for help with this issue. I have reverted back to vb 4.1.12 for the time being.

I did get a database error

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.12:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT *
    FROM navigation
    WHERE state & 4 = 0
    ORDER BY navtype, displayorder;

MySQL Error : Table 'torontod_vb_data.navigation' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Request Date : Sunday, May 27th 2012 @ 08:11:20 AM
    Error Date : Sunday, May 27th 2012 @ 08:11:20 AM
    Script : http://www.xxxxxxx.com/forums/tags/male/index2.html
    Referrer :
    IP Address : xxx.xx.x.xx
    Username : Unregistered
    Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
    MySQL Version :
    Last edited by Dennis Kaczor; Sun 27 May '12, 8:12am. Reason: Add more details

Anyone have any ideas on why I cannot see the forums listing? Just shows blank and nothing displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Kaczor View Post
      Anyone have any ideas on why I cannot see the forums listing? Just shows blank and nothing displayed.
      It seems as if, somehow your new navigation manager was not fully installed via the upgrade script... do me a favor and re-upload all of the 4.2 files, then immediately after run the upgrade script again.

If that does not sort it let me know as we will need to do a few things to get this working .

Edit: If it did not sort the issue then we need to re-create the navigation table, using phpmyadmin or other enter this SQL:

Code:
      CREATE TABLE navigation (
          navid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
          name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
          navtype ENUM('tab','menu','link') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'tab',
          displayorder SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
          parent VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
          url VARCHAR(500) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
          state TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
          scripts VARCHAR(30) NULL DEFAULT '',
          showperm VARCHAR(30) NULL DEFAULT '',
          productid VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
          username VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
          version VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
          dateline INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
          PRIMARY KEY (navid),
          UNIQUE KEY identity (name, productid),
          KEY productid (productid, state)
      )

Former vBulletin Support Staff
      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Deleted
        Last edited by The Vegan Forum; Wed 30 May '12, 1:44am. Reason: Post not needed
        The Vegan Forum

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
          It seems as if, somehow your new navigation manager was not fully installed via the upgrade script... do me a favor and re-upload all of the 4.2 files, then immediately after run the upgrade script again.

If that does not sort it let me know as we will need to do a few things to get this working .

Edit: If it did not sort the issue then we need to re-create the navigation table, using phpmyadmin or other enter this SQL:

Code:
          CREATE TABLE navigation (
              navid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
              name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
              navtype ENUM('tab','menu','link') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'tab',
              displayorder SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
              parent VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
              url VARCHAR(500) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
              state TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
              scripts VARCHAR(30) NULL DEFAULT '',
              showperm VARCHAR(30) NULL DEFAULT '',
              productid VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
              username VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
              version VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
              dateline INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
              PRIMARY KEY (navid),
              UNIQUE KEY identity (name, productid),
              KEY productid (productid, state)
          )
          First of all thank you so much for getting back to me on this issue.

I downloaded vB4.2.0 again, just in case there was an issue with the original download.

I installed the package and watched the whole process to see if there were any errors and seen none. Again I can see everything with the exception of the Forums listing, so I went to myphpadmin and checked to see if the tables had been installed and they are there and checked against what you had posted above.

So I was rather stumped by why I can see all the other areas, but the Forum was the only thing that I was not able to see. I went into the Naviagtion Manager and set the Forum as default and no luck... So went back into manager and noticed that the code is the following "forum.php{session.sessionurl_q}".

So I decided the only thing that I could try would be to remove the {session.sessionurl_q} and just have "forum.php in there and it worked! Everything is now working the way it should.

Strange and was a challenge, but that you for the help on this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X