Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclude specific users/usergroups or forum sections from activity stream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Exclude specific users/usergroups or forum sections from activity stream?

Is it possible to exclude posts/threads from specific users and/or usergroups OR posts/threads made to a specific section of the forum from appearing in the activity stream/whats new section? If so can anyone enlighten me on how to do it.

TIA

As far as I know, it's not possible. The activity stream is very limited and has no such features... yet

Comment

Originally posted by FF|Skyrider View Post
      As far as I know, it's not possible. The activity stream is very limited and has no such features... yet
      Thanks for the quick reply. Couldnt see a way around it so thought I would ask

Comment

I've posted this before. It should give you and idea of what you need to do for now:
        Currently, to exclude certain forums from the activity stream, in vb/activitiystream/view/perm/forum/post.php and thread.php, add this to the query:

PHP Code:
                            AND                t.forumid NOT IN (2
        change 2 to whatever forum you like or add several like:
        PHP Code:
                            AND                t.forumid NOT IN (2,4,6,8
        Last edited by Lynne; Sat 26th May '12, 10:43am. Reason: removed quotes

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

You dont need quotes around numbers
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
            You dont need quotes around numbers
            Whoops, you are right, my bad.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              I've posted this before. It should give you and idea of what you need to do for now:
              Thanks very much for the help. That worked a treat

Comment

After doing a search and finding this thread along with this one, https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2297990 I'd still like to ask the question again in hopes of getting pointed in the right direction.

Lynn, You've said it a bunch of times that you've answered the question before, can you provide a link to that thread? Obviously it's not showing up in peoples' searches.

I'd really like to know if there is a simple setting under vB that I'm missing because all those code thingies above are Greek to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JayDogg View Post

Lynn, You've said it a bunch of times that you've answered the question before, can you provide a link to that thread? Obviously it's not showing up in peoples' searches.
                  You don''t need the link to Lynne 's other threads about the subject at hand as she has already posted the code abovefor what you need to do.

Comment

Yeah, as borbole stated, I posted the code that I had posted before, so I'm not sure what you are asking about.

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
                      You don''t need the link to Lynne 's other threads about the subject at hand as she has already posted the code abovefor what you need to do.
                      Maybe I don't "need" it, but it would still be nice to have.
                      Yeah, as borbole stated, I posted the code that I had posted before, so I'm not sure what you are asking about.
                      It would be nice to see any additional literature that you may have added along with those codes. Unfortunately I'm extremely new at all this and a simple "add this to the query." doesn't help me much.

I've looked through vbulletin and couldn't find anything that looked like a query to me. I'm guessing I have to go digging through the back end of the server to stick this code somewhere?

I apologize for my noobness.

Comment

I stated exactly what files the queries were in. Do you not see the query I am talking about in vb/activitiystream/view/perm/forum/post.php and vb/activitiystream/view/perm/forum/thread.php?

Comment

I stated exactly what files the queries were in. Do you not see the query I am talking about in vb/activitiystream/view/perm/forum/post.php and vb/activitiystream/view/perm/forum/thread.php?
                          Ooooh OK, I finally found what you are talking about. So that line navigates to the files on the back end of vBulletin on the server. See this is what I wanted to avoid as I don't want to screw anything up with the code unless I know exactly what I'm doing. Hence my request for more literature because I'm a noob.

Going by the vBulletin manual, it seems I have to contact the .org side of things because this is considered a mod. I'm really trying not to sign up to any more forums as I have enough on my plate already.

Regarding the above codes, I'm using FileZilla. When I navigate to the above .php files, it'll let me add files to the queue. From there I'm lost. A list of Local files and Remote files show up in a box, but I have no clue on what to do from there.

Comment

What exactly is the line we add your code after? Not everybody knows what "the queries" means.
                            http://www.cramersmadmoney.com

Comment

This is the only query in the post.php file I referenced above:
                              Code:
                                          SELECT
                                              p.postid AS p_postid, p.threadid AS p_threadid, p.title AS p_title, p.visible AS p_visible, p.userid AS p_userid, p.pagetext AS p_pagetext, p.username AS p_username,
                                              t.threadid AS t_threadid, t.title AS t_title, t.forumid AS t_forumid, t.pollid AS t_pollid, t.open AS t_open, t.postusername AS t_postusername,
                                              t.views AS t_views, t.visible AS t_visible, t.postuserid AS t_postuserid, t.postuserid AS t_userid, t.replycount AS t_replycount,
                                              fp.pagetext AS t_pagetext
                                          FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "post AS p
                                          INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "thread AS t ON (p.threadid = t.threadid)
                                          INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "post AS fp ON (t.firstpostid = fp.postid)
                                          WHERE
                                              p.postid IN (" . implode(",", array_keys($this->content['postid'])) . ")
                                                  AND
                                              p.visible <> 2
                                                  AND
                                              t.visible <> 2
                              So, you would add "AND t.forumid NOT IN (2) ' to the end of that:
                              Code:
                                          SELECT
                                              p.postid AS p_postid, p.threadid AS p_threadid, p.title AS p_title, p.visible AS p_visible, p.userid AS p_userid, p.pagetext AS p_pagetext, p.username AS p_username,
                                              t.threadid AS t_threadid, t.title AS t_title, t.forumid AS t_forumid, t.pollid AS t_pollid, t.open AS t_open, t.postusername AS t_postusername,
                                              t.views AS t_views, t.visible AS t_visible, t.postuserid AS t_postuserid, t.postuserid AS t_userid, t.replycount AS t_replycount,
                                              fp.pagetext AS t_pagetext
                                          FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "post AS p
                                          INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "thread AS t ON (p.threadid = t.threadid)
                                          INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "post AS fp ON (t.firstpostid = fp.postid)
                                          WHERE
                                              p.postid IN (" . implode(",", array_keys($this->content['postid'])) . ")
                                                  AND
                                              p.visible <> 2
                                                  AND
                                              t.visible <> 2
                                                  AND
                                              t.forumid NOT IN (2)
                              Only change the forum id to what you want.

If you guys need more help with modifying code, you really need to take this discussion over to vbulletin.org, the modification site.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X