No announcement yet.

Afer upgrading to 4.2.0 I can't run tools.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to be stuck on the table just underneath table.adcriteria for a good 15 minutes now.

I did notice in the admincp when I was still able to access it, the optimize table section showed overhead of 270MB's for a table near the top. maybe that's what it's stuck on. should it take this long ?

- - - Updated - - -

???
    It *is* a MySQL table.

That is as it suggests, a MySQL problem, nothing to do with vBulletin
    You made it sound like MySql has nothing to do with vBulletin. I thought for a second there it was the Mysql core files , that are screwed up.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinjersey View Post
      It seems to be stuck on the table just underneath table.adcriteria for a good 15 minutes now.

I did notice in the admincp when I was still able to access it, the optimize table section showed overhead of 270MB's for a table near the top. maybe that's what it's stuck on. should it take this long ?

- - - Updated - - -

You made it sound like MySql has nothing to do with vBulletin. I thought for a second there it was the Mysql core files , that are screwed up.
      What PaulM meant is that the crashed table issue you have is a mysql related issue that has nothing to do with the vb. Which appears to be the case. If you can not repair the table in question yourself then ask your host to repair it for you.

Comment

The table underneath adcriteria is adminhelp. I am surprised it is stuck on that table. Did you try just repairing the 'product' table at all (the one that is crashed)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

borbole, vbulletin wouldn't run without MySql. It's enough with the vague, nerdy talk. You know what I mean..

Lynne, you're the best.

doing it through PhpMyAdmin now. If no good, I should still have a backup from last monday. (crossing fingers on that too)

Comment

There is no vague talk. A crashed table is a MySQL issue, whatever software it might be used by.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Alright this is where i'm at.. I was successfully able to restore from backup from last night. (forgot I had an automatic db backup cron running)

I was able to successfully run mysqlcheck just now from command line.

But now when I look in Admincp Repair / Optimize table section in vbulletin, it shows exactly 277mb overhead for most of the 'new' tables in 4.2.0 Why does it show all this overhead? I think that's what screwed everything up in the first place...maybe you should remove it from AdminCP ? It never seems to repair / optimize tables correctly anyway. It got stuck on one of those tables and caused my MYSQL to run at 400% CPU. I tried for 30 minutes to shut mysql down, and it wouldn't shut down. FAILED response every time. I had no choice but to reboot the server.

thankfully everything came back ok. But I restored from last night's DB backup anyway.

now the question is, why is there 277 mb overhead in these new tables below ? all of the following have 277mb overhead and I wouldn't dare run it from AdminCP again. (repair / optimize tables)

activitystream
              activitystreamtype

contentread

forumrunner_push_data
              forumrunner_push_users

ipdata

navigation

postrelease

I've got a ticket open as well. I know it's a holiday weekend, but any help with trying to connect the dots is appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

the following also appeared in mysqlcheck after each one of these tables (that had 277mb overhead)

note : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair

all other tables came back with an OK repair response.
              Last edited by mikeinjersey; Sat 26th May '12, 2:32pm.

Comment

What storeage engine are they using ?

Comment

Would guess innodb if it doesnt support repair? Unless Im way off the mark, which after the alcohol Ive consumed in this heat today is a distinct possibility
                  Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                    What storeage engine are they using ?
                    That's the part I don't understand either. What's the storage engine all about ?

Years ago on the same server I'd create the DB at /var/lib/mysql , and everything would always remain there. But the server has Plesk on it too, and they keep making stupid little updates all the time. I almost feel like the DB is stored somewhere else on Plesk as well. Is this possible?

more insight on the whole 'storage engine' is appreciated.

I saw another thread here about storage engine awhile back, but one of your guys said to ignore it...because 'session' didn't support storage engine by default...or something like that. Maybe it was Lynn. I forget.

Comment

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/...e-engines.html

Comment

mysql> SHOW ENGINES
                        -> SHOW ENGINES\G

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SHOW ENGINES' at line 2
                        mysql>

mysql version - 5.5.21-cll
                        php version - 5.3.10

Is there another command to show which storage engine version I have ?

- - - Updated - - -

also, please check my recent support ticket that's open. I'm copying and pasting the contents of /etc/my.cnf there.

thanks for the support so far.

- - - Updated - - -

I already know this is beyond the typical scope of support, but i'd probably get nowhere with my server tech support...they'd probably just blame vBulletin or something. So i'll take help from just about anyone at this point.

I've got root access to all. So if I need to upgrade mysql , that's do-able as well.

MySql log solely from today's events - (fake username and db name inputted)

Version: '5.5.21-cll' socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL) by Atomicorp
                        120526 13:26:35 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/user.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:26:35 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/user.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:32:30 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/template.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:32:30 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/template.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:33:19 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/post.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:33:19 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/post'
                        120526 13:34:03 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/user.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:34:03 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/user.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:37:39 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/post.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:37:39 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/post'
                        120526 13:38:22 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/phrase.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:38:22 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/phrase.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 13:40:44 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/thread.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 14:01:11 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/thread.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 14:01:11 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/thread'
                        120526 14:05:40 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/thread.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 14:05:40 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/thread'
                        120526 14:11:41 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/post.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 14:11:41 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/post'
                        120526 14:21:14 [ERROR] Got error 127 when reading table './video/datastore'
                        120526 14:31:36 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/thread.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 14:31:36 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/thread'
                        120526 14:50:43 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/user.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 14:50:43 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/user'
                        120526 14:51:59 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/user.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 14:51:59 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/user'
                        120526 14:58:24 [ERROR] Got error 127 when reading table './video/cache'
                        120526 14:58:26 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/user.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 14:58:26 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/user'
                        120526 14:59:07 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/post.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 14:59:07 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/post'
                        120526 15:00:08 [ERROR] Got error 127 when reading table './video/cms_nodeinfo'
                        120526 15:11:26 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Incorrect key file for table './video/post.MYI'; try to repair it
                        120526 15:11:26 [ERROR] Got error 126 when reading table './video/post'
                        120526 15:26:49 [ERROR] Got error 127 when reading table './video/cms_nodeinfo'
                        120526 15:33:09 [ERROR] Got error 127 when reading table './video/cache'
                        120526 15:43:26 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Normal shutdown

120526 15:43:26 [Note] Event Scheduler: Purging the queue. 0 events
                        120526 15:43:28 [Warning] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Forcing close of thread 11084665 user: 'fakeuser'

120526 15:43:28 [Warning] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Forcing close of thread 11084357 user: 'fakeuser'

120526 15:43:28 [Warning] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Forcing close of thread 11084198 user: 'fakeuser'

120526 15:43:28 [Warning] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Forcing close of thread 11084088 user: 'fakeuser'

120526 15:43:28 [Warning] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Forcing close of thread 575502 user: 'fakeuser'

120526 15:44:27 mysqld_safe A mysqld process already exists
                        120526 15:45:48 mysqld_safe A mysqld process already exists
                        120526 15:57:12 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
                        120526 15:57:12 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
                        120526 15:57:13 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
                        120526 15:57:13 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins
                        120526 15:57:13 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3
                        120526 15:57:13 InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
                        120526 15:57:13 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M
                        120526 15:57:13 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
                        120526 15:57:13 InnoDB: highest supported file format is Barracuda.
                        InnoDB: The log sequence number in ibdata files does not match
                        InnoDB: the log sequence number in the ib_logfiles!
                        120526 15:57:13 InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!
                        InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.
                        InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...
                        InnoDB: Restoring possible half-written data pages from the doublewrite
                        InnoDB: buffer...
                        120526 15:57:15 InnoDB: Waiting for the background threads to start
                        120526 15:57:16 InnoDB: 1.1.8 started; log sequence number 5918106479
                        120526 15:57:16 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events

Comment

InnoDB storage engine. It tells you in the log you posted. This doesnt however mean you are using that storage type for all tables unless its your default

Open phpmyadmin and next to the list of tables you will be able to see something like myisam / innodb / other next to each table. This is the storage engine.
                          Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

The command is SHOW ENGINES;

I have no idea why that article has a \G at the end, typo I guess.

Those errors are mostly crashed tables, you appear to have broken your database pretty badly, though most are probably repairable as well.

Comment

Did you import your backup over the existing database or create a new one for the import (you should never import over an existing database)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I appreciate the patience & help at this late hour..

So nobody so far thinks this is an issue with MySql ? Everything seems turned on and off ok ? Do I need to enable anything according to that log file ? Like mentioned before all my other mysql sites are working fine. I copied and pasted the output of Show Engines at the bottom of this post.

Open phpmyadmin and next to the list of tables you will be able to see something like myisam / innodb / other next to each table. This is the storage engine.
                                Sonic, you are right ! All these tables mentioned above that have 277MB of overhead in them ARE innodb. This is not the first time this has happened either. Seems like everytime there's a new VB update that adds new tables, their created as InnoDb . The others are still MyIsam.

what to do now ? Says I upgraded to 4.2.0 yesterday with no errors . Yet I have all these InnoDb tables.

Are these specific tables ok to be dumped...or no ? Best way to change to MyIsam ? and how to make sure in the future others are always created as MyIsam ?

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                                Did you import your backup over the existing database or create a new one for the import (you should never import over an existing database)?
                                Lynn and the other dude, I mentioned several posts up that , that database crash was from the old DB. I completely deleted that database, and created a new one from yesterday's backup. My forums run completely fine, the CMS articles show up fine too. But I need to fix this InnoDB thing. The problem is solely with InnoDb it appears. I'm not sure if I need to run the VB 4.2.0 upgrade again because of this though ?

Show Engines results -

auto-rehash TRUE
                                auto-vertical-output FALSE
                                character-sets-dir (No default value)
                                column-type-info FALSE
                                comments FALSE
                                compress FALSE
                                debug-check FALSE
                                debug-info FALSE
                                database (No default value)
                                default-character-set auto
                                delimiter ;
                                vertical FALSE
                                force FALSE
                                named-commands FALSE
                                ignore-spaces FALSE
                                init-command (No default value)
                                local-infile FALSE
                                no-beep FALSE
                                host (No default value)
                                html FALSE
                                xml FALSE
                                line-numbers TRUE
                                unbuffered FALSE
                                column-names TRUE
                                sigint-ignore FALSE
                                port 0
                                prompt mysql>
                                quick FALSE
                                raw FALSE
                                reconnect TRUE
                                socket (No default value)
                                ssl FALSE
                                ssl-ca (No default value)
                                ssl-capath (No default value)
                                ssl-cert (No default value)
                                ssl-cipher (No default value)
                                ssl-key (No default value)
                                ssl-verify-server-cert FALSE
                                table FALSE
                                user (No default value)
                                safe-updates FALSE
                                i-am-a-dummy FALSE
                                connect-timeout 0
                                max-allowed-packet 16777216
                                net-buffer-length 16384
                                select-limit 1000
                                max-join-size 1000000
                                secure-auth FALSE
                                show-warnings FALSE
                                plugin-dir (No default value)
                                default-auth (No default value)

- - - Updated - - -

This recent thread acknowledges you guys knew about this all along with InnoDb -

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...04-Isam-innodb

that future tables will be created as InnoDb without us even knowing.. Did you guys not think of people running Repair / Optimize tables in AdminCP and having a similar catastrophic innocent like I had today ? That command only recognizes MyIsam tables..

---If I could get a reply about what to do before going to bed...that'll be great. Should I dump and change those tables from InnoDB to Myisam ? When I run MsqlCheck in the future, i'd like everything to be repaired in 1 process.

Comment