Can’t Prune Users in AdminCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ion Saliu View Post
    I had two extremes: 900 days and 200 days (minimum one login quarterly). From tens of thousands (there are lots waiting in the queue not responding to confirmation emails) to that minimum 1200+. But, still, why not a message of some sorts from the system?

But, hey — forget about it!
    Displaying an error message relies on receiving an error or other message from the server itself. If your server quietly kills the process before responding, you'll get the issue you have.

Try increasing the script execution time for PHP and the memory allowed per script. You would alter these in the PHP.ini file. If you cannot alter these values due to hosting restrictions is to try and lower the workload sent to the server.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Displaying an error message relies on receiving an error or other message from the server itself. If your server quietly kills the process before responding, you'll get the issue you have.

Try increasing the script execution time for PHP and the memory allowed per script. You would alter these in the PHP.ini file. If you cannot alter these values due to hosting restrictions is to try and lower the workload sent to the server.
      Now, I really got it. There were no errors in the log file related to this problem. I’ll keep the settings as they are, for now. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”

But now I know that I should prune users more often, since that a majority of “new members” are, actually, spammers.

I apologize to all for my tone when I was frustrated. And I thank all for good intentions.

This case is closed, as far as I am concerned.

Best of luck!

Comment

knowing well what they are talking about
        I know vBulletin since more or ten years !
        Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas ŕ rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

Comment

If I try to prune say 12k users, it will only actually process 1k. The feature worked correctly in the past.

We use Varnish in our cluster. Is it possible that Varnish is preventing the job from completing?

Comment

Originally posted by tonjohn View Post
            If I try to prune say 12k users, it will only actually process 1k. The feature worked correctly in the past.

We use Varnish in our cluster. Is it possible that Varnish is preventing the job from completing?
            What is the error you're getting?

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Ion Saliu View Post
              Additionally, admins should be aware that a majority of their vBulletin forums users are spammers. They never login to post, or even read threads. The spammers are there because they create user’s profiles with all kinds of links. Some webmasters even pay services to create vBulletin users and users’ profiles. The search engines severely punish now all forums with lots of fake users with lots of outbound links.

Have a nice day!
              Don't you have any registraion criteria (Captcha or a question?) Do 1,000's per day/month/year realy get past them? Take a look at: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-on-your-forum Maybe you can cut down on the spammers. I hope so.

And I've had a pretty day. Thank you.
              It's been a pretty day.
              I hope you enjoyed it.
              Gösta

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                What is the error you're getting?
                I don't get an error. It acts as if it did everything it was supposed to. But it only pruned 1k users instead of the tens of thousands of users I need to prune.

Comment

Originally posted by tonjohn View Post
                  I don't get an error. It acts as if it did everything it was supposed to. But it only pruned 1k users instead of the tens of thousands of users I need to prune.
                  If it ends without an error than the issue is that it is probably timing out due to the 30 second execution barrier. Give PHP more execution time and see what happens. Pruning users is fairly resource intensive.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X