Disable Activity stream for guests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s.molinari View Post
    Oh, I disagree here completely. You say like minded people meet in online communities and this is true. But, even like minded people are different. Each user will have certain desires for information/ content/ knowledge/ opinion (the connections). And these desires should be "known" by the software, so the software can basically tell the user there is new activity in those realms of desire and no where else. That is content going social.
    When like minded people belong to a forum (yes they have different information/ content/ knowledge/ opinions) you don't want to segregate them. That's the beauty of a forum where others with a similar interest (but not friends) will give an honest and often opposing view on a particular subject. This indepth discussions are where the real learning happens and make forums so great.

It isn't a pipe dream. A growing user number and their activity is what makes a community vibrant and it is yearned for by many, if not most, vBulletin owners and the software and new features should be developed with this in mind.
    What is yearned for is often not at all desirable. Look at the dismal failure of so many features that vBulletin offers, such as Blogs.

vBulletin.com's active group of members was growing in leaps in bounds until a certain company took over. So I have to disagree with your statement about it being the same over the past 10 years. It definitely wasn't.
    I beg to differ, the average number of online members at vb.com for the past 10 years has varied very little, between 100~200.

We agree here.
    I'm so glad we see some things the same way.

Comment

I updated my forum to version 4.2 and was surprised with the Activity stream.This is insanity!
      Access to my forum is paid subscription, I need visitors to see the contents of my forum, you guys are going to ruin my forum. I urgently need to disable it, please help me turn this off.

Comment

Please vote to have a feature to disable the Activity Stream easily from the Admin CP.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15143

Comment

HI thanks i tried to remove it but it still always wants to go by default to active steam even when disable, i do see it as default but i can't seem to fine where i can make CMS default , it is not easily identified. could somebody help me how to make the landing page CMS

UPDATE , needed more coffee, found it lol

Comment

Originally posted by mrt123 View Post
            HI thanks i tried to remove it but it still always wants to go by default to active steam even when disable, i do see it as default but i can't seem to fine where i can make CMS default , it is not easily identified. could somebody help me how to make the landing page CMS

UPDATE , needed more coffee, found it lol
            Anyone else who needs to know this please see here - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...t-Tab-in-4-2-0
            Additionally: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...nt-Posts-Again

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by edrecovery View Post
              I'd like to disable the activity stream to Guests, but only allow them to see the announcements forum on my site. I know if I check the "No" box on "can view forum? option, they can't see the activity stream at all, but then they also can't see the forum either.
              Originally posted by jimnyc View Post
              I'd like to know how to disable this for guests as well, if it's possible.
              Originally posted by louva-a-Deus View Post
              I updated my forum to version 4.2 and was surprised with the Activity stream.This is insanity!
              Access to my forum is paid subscription, I need visitors to see the contents of my forum, you guys are going to ruin my forum. I urgently need to disable it, please help me turn this off.
              Are you three good to go now? I noticed the thread was *slightly* derailed due to conversation over the activity stream and want to make sure your all set .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
              Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
              Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

I think I noticed that even if you restrict the visibility of your friends list, their posts still show in your profile? I'm trying to double-check that.
                Last edited by jannWR; Mon 16th Jul '12, 8:03pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X