Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    What, not one single person? Unlikely.
    I don't mean what it does I mean having everyone redirected to it rather than going to the forums.
    The upgrade should make "forums" default and if someone really wanted to make the activity stream the default they could change it.
    http://www.ironmagazine.com - blog
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com - forums
    http://www.ironmaglabs.com - supplements

Comment

Originally posted by Prince View Post
      I don't mean what it does I mean having everyone redirected to it rather than going to the forums.
      The upgrade should make "forums" default and if someone really wanted to make the activity stream the default they could change it.
      I happen to agree, but I take issue that "not one single person" likes it the new way.

It was an interesting decision because the time-honoured way of having a forum open with forumhome has long been rather outmoded, but it's still what everyone's used to. Many people use "New Posts" as their portal into a forum, and the Activity Stream is one step along from that.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Prince View Post
        Agree. It should be optional

- - - Updated - - -

A great mod for vb4.2 Navigation Manager Enhancements

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=283123
        www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/

Comment

I'm just curious, but what good is the activity stream, if when it's default after upgrade, and you can't see anything at all? No forums, no chat box, nothing for any "activity" at all... Just see the header with navigation menu, the little box for activity, which doesn't show anything at all.. except little drop menu at the end of it.. and my footer... >_>... I'd like to have my INDEX.php back, I don't like the whole "forum.php" thing either lmao..

Edit: Or maybe I missed where the settings are for setting up the activity stream deal? >_> Sorry, this is all new to me lol. Oh, was there the ability to show/hide certain forum's sub forums from forum/index.php? That would be awesome to have in the 4.2.1 or whatever... So we don't have to use plugins / hard code template files.. to hide certain forums, but allow from others

Comment

I'm getting a redirect from my arcade "submit score" to the activity screen. Worked before the upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by tup14 View Post
              I'm getting a redirect from my arcade "submit score" to the activity screen. Worked before the upgrade!
              You'll have to get an update for your arcade. They probably had their file named activity.php and we overwrote it. One of the risks you take when you modify the software.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Sorry I never got back to you! I just added a new tab to the navigation manager and works fine. Thanks

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                You'll have to get an update for your arcade. They probably had their file named activity.php and we overwrote it. One of the risks you take when you modify the software.

Comment

Certainly no activity.php file in either v3arcade or ibProArcade.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Just upgraded a site to 4.2 and had to come find out how to remove the activity stream as default, easy enough.
                    I like the we can control what's picked up in the activity stream, just wish the results didn't take up so much real estate.
                    -- Web Developer for hire
                    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I have whats new disabled and activity still shows as my main page instead of my forums. Really a horrible idea this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by L2Insomnia View Post
                        I have whats new disabled and activity still shows as my main page instead of my forums. Really a horrible idea this thing.
                        Then you didn't set your Forums tab as the default in the Navigation Manager or you edited your index.php and broke the redirection.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

When I try to set my content.php as default in the Navigation Manager, I am getting the following SQL error. Any ideas?

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

UPDATE navigation
                          SET state = (state | 2) & ~8

WHERE navid =;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4
                          Error Number : 1064
                          Request Date : Friday, June 1st 2012 @ 12:00:52 AM
                          Error Date : Friday, June 1st 2012 @ 12:00:52 AM
                          Script : http://www.~~~~.com/forum/admincp/na...p?do=dodefault
                          Referrer : http://www.~~~~.com/forum/admincp/na...fault&navid=56
                          Classname : vB_Database
                          MySQL Version : 5.5.23-55

Comment

I just deleted index.php, copied forum.php and renamed it to index.php. Now I have the forum back, and if someone wants the activity stream they can still get it through what's new.

Comment

nice i like it much better !
                              www.mysaltyreef.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
                                I just deleted index.php, copied forum.php and renamed it to index.php. Now I have the forum back, and if someone wants the activity stream they can still get it through what's new.
                                Could have just set the default to the forum tab in the AdminCP under Settings -> Navigation Manager.

Wayne Luke
                                vBulletin 5 API

Comment