No announcement yet.

Odd Question: Reuse My Version of vB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Odd Question: Reuse My Version of vB?

Well, the one year anniversary of my forum is rapidly approaching which begs the question: to continue or abort? While I've learned much with my first dip into vB universe, and attracted some really cool members from around the world, it appears that my forum focus is too niche to generate critical mass. To that end, here's my question:

Can I simply migrate my vB license to another URL I own and start a new forum with a new but similar topic (real estate)? With my learnings, I stand a better chance of creating a community that can self sustain. Am unclear whether this is permitted in my vB license or not.

If this is permissible (fingers crossed!) I'll then confer with my wonderful web host to see if they will kindly help me start anew by migrating my current vB software over to a new URL.

Appreciate hearing whether I can do this
    A forum for vacation home owners & property investors

The2ndKey.com

Yep. You just have to remove all traces of it from the old domain and then update the URL in your Members Area.

Good luck!
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

very cool. thanks for the info, ace!
      A forum for vacation home owners & property investors

The2ndKey.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X