Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CMS Layouts missing Primary Content area!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meestor_X
    replied
    Same thing happened to me.

Delete your browser cache from before you upgraded. That fixed it for me. No clue why.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Open a ticket please.

Leave a comment:

• Gecuba
    replied
    +1! The same issue on my main forum (the test one was ok).
    I reloaded grid file several times and most layouts restored exept the main - 2 Column + Sidebar (25%, 75%, 240px).
    There are only two zones for content instead of three...

Leave a comment:

• zushiba
    replied
    When I add a widget it goes in to the grid but only one location and I can't move it to any other parts of the grid.
    https://i.minus.com/iQGJibpWwBH5O.png

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah same missing Primary Content.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Yeah same missing Primary Content.
    Last edited by zushiba; Thu 24 May '12, 7:33am.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    And if you click to add a widget, where does it go? It looks like stuff is going off the screen there.

Anyway, I would put in a ticket and have us take a look at it.

Leave a comment:

• zushiba
    replied
    Grid / Layout
    https://i.minus.com/iz2ztCroPwU2i.png

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Again, can we see an image of the grid and then an image of the layout.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• zushiba
    replied
    I have, I've created entirely new grids and layouts and they have the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Looks like the grid in general has problems. Edit and re-save the grid.

Leave a comment:

• zushiba
    replied
    https://i.minus.com/ibtEQGVTibZbvN.png

Repair nodes doesn't appear to do anything. I checked the grids they seemed fine, I made a new grid, applied it to a new layout and still, no Primary Content.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Can we see an image of the layout? Have you tried running Repair Nodes? Have you tried viewing the grid for that layout and making sure it is correct?

Leave a comment:

• zushiba
    started a topic [CMS] CMS Layouts missing Primary Content area!?

CMS Layouts missing Primary Content area!?

I just upgraded, thankfully on our test server first to make sure things would go smoothly. We've seem to have lost the Primary Content area for all our layouts and it's not a standard widget so it cannot be simply added back to the layout. Any idea what's going on?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X