massive Searchcore negative records count -4M ++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] massive Searchcore negative records count -4M ++

My vbulletin is running like a dog... crashing my server, bogging down mysql.

My search core table locked up last week and I was able to repair it, but even before the table lock, the numbers were crazy with negative 4M records and over 1GB of data.

I'm running VB 4.1.4 and plan to upgrade tomorrow (hackers were able to walk right into my cpanel admin a few weeks ago... so I disabled the directory index so they can't alter templates with happy fun iframe malware code!).

anyway... before I upgrade I would like to clean up the search tables. I have no idea what the deal is with the existing data, but I'm pretty darn certain that it is not functioning as intended / designed.

can someone please offer suggestions on the search core stuff?

screen shot for reference.

thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbulletin_negative_searchcore.png
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	3723323
    Last edited by hoover; Mon 14 May '12, 7:24am.

Originally posted by hoover View Post
    My vbulletin is running like a dog... crashing my server, bogging down mysql.

My search core table locked up last week and I was able to repair it, but even before the table lock, the numbers were crazy with negative 4M records and over 1GB of data.

I'm running VB 4.1.4 and plan to upgrade tomorrow (hackers were able to walk right into my cpanel admin a few weeks ago... so I disabled the directory index so they can't alter templates with happy fun iframe malware code!).

anyway... before I upgrade I would like to clean up the search tables. I have no idea what the deal is with the existing data, but I'm pretty darn certain that it is not functioning as intended / designed.

can someone please offer suggestions on the search core stuff?

screen shot for reference.

thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59366[/ATTACH]
    Try this if your running 4.1.4 is should be:

> AdminCP > Maintenance > Update Counters > *Now scroll to find: Rebuild Search Index

Note: You should not normally need to empty the search index, however if items are showing in search results after they have been permanently deleted then emptying the index and rebuilding the search index will fix this. Search will not work correctly after emptying the index until the index is fully rebuilt. Click Here to empty the search index.
    • Click the link to empty your search index.
    • Afterwords Rebuild the Search Index.

How do things look/run now?

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X