Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really stressing my brains out on this (Vbulletin not working, well sort of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also willing to give one of you vBulletin support guys full access to the FTP and cPanel so you can have a play around if you wish.

Comment

Bump... Really need help with this.

Comment

Please wait 24 hours before bumping threads as per the forum rules.

Also, you haven't advised on the outcome of this:

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        Look at your site in Firefox 12 and use the web console. any error messages listed there?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
          Please wait 24 hours before bumping threads as per the forum rules.
          Sorry.

Does this make any sense to any of you:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	PictureFirefox.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	3687252

Comment

Originally posted by SlatoSniper View Post
            Also willing to give one of you vBulletin support guys full access to the FTP and cPanel so you can have a play around if you wish.
            You can do that by starting a ticket at your Client Center and provide all the necessary info for the vb staff so they can investigate this issue.

Comment

I remember having that in a specific browser way back when... Safari... the problem went away after I made the website go live... I haven't had it since... is your vbulletin version up-to-date?

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
                You can do that by starting a ticket at your Client Center and provide all the necessary info for the vb staff so they can investigate this issue.
                Have been told that I'm outisde the 30 days.

Originally posted by whiteroserabbit
                I remember having that in a specific browser way back when... Safari... the problem went away after I made the website go live... I haven't had it since... is your vbulletin version up-to-date?
                Doesnt work in Firefox, Chrome or IE. Its also the latest version of vBulletin.

Comment

I don't know if this will help but when I install vBulletin it spits out an error during instillation saying that the username and password I have created for my database are invalid. I have to delete the config.php file and re-upload the SAME one before it will continue.

Comment

I don't know if this will help but when I install vBulletin it spits out an error during instillation saying that the username and password I have created for my database are invalid. I have to delete the config.php file and re-upload the SAME one before it will continue.
                    It make no sense, if you have an invalid username and password of the database, the forum should not work. if you feel this is what makes problems then try to run the upgrade script.

If you could, drop your site link.
                    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
                    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

http://anzbattlefield.com/forums/index.php

Comment

At this time it is working. If you're getting sporadic MySQL errors, this is most likely server configuration issues and you'll need to contact the host.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Well, still can't identify the problem, I don't know if you messed up with options, or your install was corrupted.
                          And I don't know if this count as a solution , but your forum seems just installed on the server..
                          why you don't try to do a fresh install again. This time you have to be sure,

- download the last version again
                          - delete previous files/database
                          - make sure you are following the right steps

this is just a suggestion, you don't have to do it.

hope this can fixed soon. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by al3bed View Post
                            why you don't try to do a fresh install again. This time you have to be sure,

- download the last version again
                            - delete previous files/database
                            - make sure you are following the right steps
                            I've done three fresh installs and followed every step. I contacted my hosting provider last night and they said they have had no issues with vBulletin. Offer still stands to anyone who wants full access to take a look/reinstall it.

Comment

Sorry.

Does this make any sense to any of you:
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]59373[/ATTACH]
                              These are CSS errors and inconsequential. They will have no impact on the running of the site.

What is the specific error that you're receiving right now? As I browser your vBulletin, I don't see any issues other than it is a little slow.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I've done three fresh installs and followed every step. I contacted my hosting provider last night and they said they have had no issues with vBulletin. Offer still stands to anyone who wants full access to take a look/reinstall it.
                                Well, I'm trying to help here, you said you have a blank page problem when deleting threads?

Comment