Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgraded 4.1.4 to 4.1.12: Avatar 'thumbs' not showing, cannot upload new avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Upgraded 4.1.4 to 4.1.12: Avatar 'thumbs' not showing, cannot upload new avatars

Hi there,

Just upgraded yesterday and there appears to be a slight glitch with how avatars are being produced outside of the normal forum environment.

At present, the block/sidebar in Blogs doesn't show any avatars and neither does the 'Default Mobile' skin. In both cases, they just show a link to the member's profile.

In both cases, they do not link to "/vb/customavatars" as the normal forum does, they link to "/vb/customavatars/thumbs". Looking at the server, that folder is entirely empty.

Furthermore, members appear to have lost the ability to save a new avatar, giving the message: "Unable to save image".

What is the best solution here? Is it a case of duplicating the avatars to the thumbs folder, then changing folder permissions?

Seems like an awful waste of space if so. We hold over 4GB in avatars.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

First, make sure the /thumbs directory is chmod to 777, then go to admincp > maintenance > general update tools > Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Lynne,

Thankyou for your response. Wanted to report back that we implemented your advice on our test site successfully, before replicating on our live site.

Many thanks.

Comment

I'm glad you got it working.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment