Editor Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Editor Problems

Is anyone else having problems with the Editor?

When I click on the Reply, Reply with a Quote, or Edit buttons the screen will go the Editor, but the text area in the Editor is grey and won't let me add text. Several people are having this problem, as well. I am running IE. Also, it is not pecular to my forum. I am a member of several other forums that are running vBulletin 4.1.8 or higher and it is the same problem there. On my forum it seems to be the Edit button that has this problem, on another forum it is with all the buttons. I can't even PM them to let them know that there is a problem. Also, I went to another computer an logged into the other forum with differ software running, and had the same problem. Any ise of the Editor results in this strange screen in the Editor box.

Strange.

This does seem a little baffling, especially when you state that you tried via a different pc and broswer... so that thre a few of my normal questions and tips out the window respectively... hmm let me ask this, on each site what are your editor settings saved as i.e. when you login any of these sites navigate to your settings page then click on "General Settings" under My Account in the left column and scroll down to find:

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

What is your editor type saved as on each site? If the same on all please try selecting a different type then posting... if that does work now try changing back to see if it cleared up the "muck" or whatever happens to be causing this issue for you... anything now?

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

I have been using the Standard Editor, as the Spell Checkers don't work in Enhanced Interface for me.

I have changed this and posted on a large site about the problem, and it seems others are having the same problem on that site. I'm wondering if the problem is coming from that site, and I am taking it to other sites via a cookie or something. It seems to be the worst place for the problem. If you would like a link to that site I can provide one.

BTW, I don't seem to have the problems on vBulletin.com.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Hi,
        sry i have same problem.... if i want write a answer, i see a grey window and i can not write a text.
        i changed all interfaces "
        • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
        • Basic Editor - A simple text box
        • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

but it doesnt get.... and i test it on 3 browser + tablet-pc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb_bug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	3690758
        Last edited by AlBundy; Mon 26 Nov '12, 10:50pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X