Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Comment Issues In CMS (4.1.12) After Upgrade

Hello,

I could really use some help here...I was slowly migrating some forum posts over to CMS articles. I did not use the "Promote to Article" feature since most of these articles really needed to be fully reformmated. So I created a new article, enabled comments and then moved the replies (posts) from the original forum thread into the cmsComment Thread that was created. All I had to do before to get this to work right was to set the date of the first post to the same date as the original forum post. Ever since the update when I do this same thing the articles says there are xx comments (and that is correct), but it doesn't show any of the comments except those posted after the CMS article thread was created.

How can I fix this? I will lose a lot of valuable replies if I can't continue to migrate these posts over to the new comment threads. Anyone???

As a note everything shows up in the cmsComment Thread forum just fine. Just not in the actual CMS article.

When editing/adding an article, make sure the All Comments option is set to Yes.

Comment

Matthew,

Thanks for replying! I don't have that option when I edit the Article. If I had to guess, I wuld say that is because I created the article new, not from a promoted post. I am going to guess those options only appear for promoted articles?

Comment

Does anyone have a solution to this? I imagine I will have to make changes in the database and I can do that, but I don't know what's been aded/changed that would cause the older messages not to display.

Comment

I can tell I'm going to have to promote the remaining articles and then edit them down to nothing to continue, but if I could just get the information to save what I have now that would be great. Someone here must know the changes that were made that caused this.

Comment

Actually I can't promote the remaining articles because I intend to remove the source forum posts they point to. Can someone from vBulletin please provide an answer to what database fields need to be affected to get resolution here?!? If I have to start over from scratch and lose my current data I am going to use a more stable package and switch from vBulletin.

Comment

I suggest opening a support ticket.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X