Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imported Attachements not showing in IE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Imported Attachements not showing in IE

    I have just imported from SMF 1.9 --> VB 4.1.12 and a lot of attachments are just showing as a red cross in IE 8 and IE 9. I have checked cookie settings and attachment settings (both jpg and jpeg are set to "Content-type: image/jpeg").

    I have transferred the attachments to file storage, and they are showing perfectly in every other browser.

    Should I start a ticket, or do anybody have any good ideas?

  • #2
    I'm assuming they're showing OK in FF and Chrome etc? Can you give us a link to a thread that has these in so we can take a look?
    Vote for:

    - *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

    Comment


    • #3
      Is there somewhere I can send the link - I'd rather not post it here. It is a beta site, and I don't want to reveal the link.
      Last edited by katoona; Tue 1st May '12, 5:03am. Reason: removed the link

      Comment


      • #4
        You can edit it into your post and then edit it back out. Moderators will be able to view the edit history of the post to see the link.

        Comment


        • #5
          ok, i edited my last post - can you see it?

          Comment


          • #6
            I noticed that you looked at our site - do you see anything wrong? If you want admin rights or anything else, please let me know.

            Comment


            • #7
              If you want to give me admin access I can look at it a little more closely.

              Comment


              • #8
                I have sent you a Pm on our forum with admin details.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That was a tough one to figure out, but it looks like I solved it. The extension in the filedata table somehow was in all caps ("JPG"), while vBulletin assumes it is all lowercase ("jpg"). Running this query solved it:

                  Code:
                  UPDATE filedata SET extension = LOWER(extension)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Check this thread:

                    The first picture is still not showing.

                    A lot of other pictures are showing, so what you did helped, but we are not 100% finished.

                    But thank you so much for taking the time to help me.
                    Last edited by katoona; Tue 1st May '12, 7:38am. Reason: Removed link

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Looks like the extensions are messed up even worse than just casing issues. I'm going to write a script to hopefully fix them.

                      Mind giving me FTP access? Would make it a lot easier for me.
                      Last edited by Matthew Gordon; Tue 1st May '12, 7:58am.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The details for FTP is sent via PM on my forum.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In most cases this query should be enough to fix it:

                          UPDATE filedata AS filedata
                          LEFT JOIN attachment AS attachment ON (attachment.filedataid = filedata.filedataid)
                          SET extension = LCASE(RIGHT(attachment.filename, LENGTH(attachment.filename) - LOCATE('.', attachment.filename, LENGTH(attachment.filename) - 4)));

                          But you of course should create a database backup before executing this query.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Alright, I think it should be fixed now.

                            If anyone has this in the future, I'm attaching the script I wrote to this post. Upload it to your forums directory, run it in your browser, and then delete it afterward.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Michael König View Post
                              In most cases this query should be enough to fix it:

                              UPDATE filedata AS filedata
                              LEFT JOIN attachment AS attachment ON (attachment.filedataid = filedata.filedataid)
                              SET extension = LCASE(RIGHT(attachment.filename, LENGTH(attachment.filename) - LOCATE('.', attachment.filename, LENGTH(attachment.filename) - 4)));

                              But you of course should create a database backup before executing this query.
                              Nice.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X