Imported Attachements not showing in IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Imported Attachements not showing in IE

I have just imported from SMF 1.9 --> VB 4.1.12 and a lot of attachments are just showing as a red cross in IE 8 and IE 9. I have checked cookie settings and attachment settings (both jpg and jpeg are set to "Content-type: image/jpeg").

I have transferred the attachments to file storage, and they are showing perfectly in every other browser.

Should I start a ticket, or do anybody have any good ideas?

I'm assuming they're showing OK in FF and Chrome etc? Can you give us a link to a thread that has these in so we can take a look?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Is there somewhere I can send the link - I'd rather not post it here. It is a beta site, and I don't want to reveal the link.
      Last edited by katoona; Tue 1st May '12, 5:03am. Reason: removed the link

Comment

You can edit it into your post and then edit it back out. Moderators will be able to view the edit history of the post to see the link.

Comment

ok, i edited my last post - can you see it?

Comment

I noticed that you looked at our site - do you see anything wrong? If you want admin rights or anything else, please let me know.

Comment

If you want to give me admin access I can look at it a little more closely.

Comment

I have sent you a Pm on our forum with admin details.

Comment

That was a tough one to figure out, but it looks like I solved it. The extension in the filedata table somehow was in all caps ("JPG"), while vBulletin assumes it is all lowercase ("jpg"). Running this query solved it:

Code:
                  UPDATE filedata SET extension = LOWER(extension)

Comment

Check this thread:

The first picture is still not showing.

A lot of other pictures are showing, so what you did helped, but we are not 100% finished.

But thank you so much for taking the time to help me.
                    Last edited by katoona; Tue 1st May '12, 7:38am. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Looks like the extensions are messed up even worse than just casing issues. I'm going to write a script to hopefully fix them.

Mind giving me FTP access? Would make it a lot easier for me.
                      Last edited by Matthew Gordon; Tue 1st May '12, 7:58am.

Comment

The details for FTP is sent via PM on my forum.

Comment

In most cases this query should be enough to fix it:

UPDATE filedata AS filedata
                          LEFT JOIN attachment AS attachment ON (attachment.filedataid = filedata.filedataid)
                          SET extension = LCASE(RIGHT(attachment.filename, LENGTH(attachment.filename) - LOCATE('.', attachment.filename, LENGTH(attachment.filename) - 4)));

But you of course should create a database backup before executing this query.

Comment

Alright, I think it should be fixed now.

If anyone has this in the future, I'm attaching the script I wrote to this post. Upload it to your forums directory, run it in your browser, and then delete it afterward.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael König View Post
                              In most cases this query should be enough to fix it:

UPDATE filedata AS filedata
                              LEFT JOIN attachment AS attachment ON (attachment.filedataid = filedata.filedataid)
                              SET extension = LCASE(RIGHT(attachment.filename, LENGTH(attachment.filename) - LOCATE('.', attachment.filename, LENGTH(attachment.filename) - 4)));

But you of course should create a database backup before executing this query.
                              Nice.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X