Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Host Keeps Shutting down My DB for Overloading the Database Server ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] My Host Keeps Shutting down My DB for Overloading the Database Server ?

Over the last three weeks my Hosting Provider has constantly kept setting the DB Mod 0.
    We upgraded the board to the 4.1.12 files and and the Host Unlocked the DB on Saturday Morning, and Sunday Morning the Usage seems to have spike but we caught it and shut down the Site, and put it back up a couple of hours later and it ran nice for the rest of the day.

This morning they again set the DB Mod to 0

and sent this reply in my trouble ticket.
    ============================
    Our admin team reviewed the database in question and found that it still is abusing the mysql server. Below is the query which is still causing issues.

Time: 49% (5164 sec) Amount: 34% (106 queries) Rows Examined/Sent: 467 / 467 Avg. Query Exec/Lock Time: 48 / 0 sec. use emenard_vbulletin; SELECT * FROM vb_datastore WHERE title IN ('smiliecache','bbcodecache','mailqueue','bookmarksitecache','options','bitfields','attach mentcache','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','languagecache','products','pluginli st','cron','profilefield','loadcache','noticecache');

Once you've been able to optimize this database please respond back to this ticket and will have our admin team review your database once again.

Best Regards,

===============================

Any suggestions would be appreciated

- Erik Menard

Have you considered that your site might be too big for your shared webhost?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnights Lair View Post
      Any suggestions would be appreciated

- Erik Menard
      Find another host (seriously).

Any host that accuses you of "abusing" the server by running perfectly normal queries basically havent got a clue.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

To be fair, they forgot to tell us how many average concurrent users they have. VB should work fine on a shared server with up to maybe 30-50 active members (+spiders). Queries taking a long time can be caused by anyone on the shared server slowing it down. I'm surprised it even lets a query run for 5000 seconds - the default timeout on the newest mysql is something like 20 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Videx View Post
          To be fair, they forgot to tell us how many average concurrent users they have. VB should work fine on a shared server with up to maybe 30-50 active members (+spiders). Queries taking a long time can be caused by anyone on the shared server slowing it down. I'm surprised it even lets a query run for 5000 seconds - the default timeout on the newest mysql is something like 20 seconds.
          Unless stock mysql has changed drasticly, its 12 hours, actually.

Comment

I wish you would tell shared hosts that. I think what they may be doing is taking that default 8-12 hour wait_timeout and dividing it by the number of users. Thus, we get "Mysql server has gone away" errors every few days. But vb just seems to ignore them. Our host absolutely refuses to raise it on shared servers, and sent me a reference once to back up their reasoning (please don't ask me to dig for it).

[mysql 5.6 = 28800 secs, or 8 hours]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X