Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    Did you change the layout for the new section?

Leave a comment:

• TheBen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Then you will want to put the articles in a sub-section and apply the type of layout you like (only show articles) to that sub-section.
    I cannot get this to work the way I want it. I want the news to show a preview on the primary homepage, when someone clicks read more I want it to take them to the article and be shown the article and maybe some side blocks, I do not want everything to be shown.

When I create a new sub section it shows a preview of the news within that sub section, when I click read more it still shows everything that is on the homepage and below the article, so it has made no difference.

For a CMS this is actually pretty dire, honestly never had this much trouble with any other software I have ever used online, forums fantastic, CMS horrendous.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Then you will want to put the articles in a sub-section and apply the type of layout you like (only show articles) to that sub-section.

Leave a comment:

• TheBen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    The layout of that page is set in Admincp > vBulletin CMS > Layout and edit that layout and put the Primary Content at the top of that column.
    Yes, but then it shows the other stuff on the bottom, I want to remove everything but the article when I click article but still show everything on the homepage.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    The layout of that page is set in Admincp > vBulletin CMS > Layout and edit that layout and put the Primary Content at the top of that column.

Leave a comment:

• TheBen
    started a topic [CMS] Articles show entire homepage?

Articles show entire homepage?

On my full articles page everything from my homepage shows above the article, I have spent hours looking for somewhere to turn it off and been all around the CMS, to be honest I'm pretty tired now and not thinking straight its 4am and I just want to move away this introduction part and get interactive part away from my full article page and only show on the homepage.

http://www.fpcforums.com/forums/cont...nal-video-114/

How do I make this happen?

Thanks in advance for any responses.