Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Do you have access to the SMTP server logs? It would say what failed.

Leave a comment:

• arpiyem
    replied
    hi Wayne,

thanks for the reply.

Your SMTP server is setup for SSL/TLS? - yes
    The port was updated to the proper port? - yes
    You have CURL/OpenSSL installed in PHP and it is up to date? - looking at the phpinfo(), OPENSSL 1.0.1 is enabled, same thing with cURL

runnng the email diagnostics do not provide any additional info, just the SMTP, username, and the result which gives me a 530 warning.

regards.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Your SMTP server is setup for SSL/TLS? The port was updated to the proper port? You have CURL/OpenSSL installed in PHP and it is up to date?

When you run the Email Diagnostic under Maintenance -> Diagnostics, does it provide any additional information?

Leave a comment:

• arpiyem
    started a topic [Forum] 530 Unexpected response from SMTP server

530 Unexpected response from SMTP server

hi,

i am getting a 530 response from my external SMTP (Exchange Server). i know this is something to do with the authentication, but i am very confident that i am typing in the correct credentials (username/password).

so in my vb site, email options, i have indicated SMTP host, port, username, password, and chose SSL. now, when i am testing the email sending functionality through Diagnostics, i am getting

"Warning: 530 Unexpected response from SMTP server during FROM address transmission in [path]\includes\class_mail.php on line 708"

like i've said, i am pretty sure that i have indicated the correct username and password because i have another website, built on ASP.NET that uses the same credentials and it works fine.

i hope somebody could shed light on this one.

many thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X