Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I edit a CMS ariticle it wont save changes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] When I edit a CMS ariticle it wont save changes.

I'm currently running 4.1.12, but this happened last week on 4.1.11 also.
    If I create a new article it saves, and dont seem to be an issue with this. When i go into edit the article, and click on apply, it reverts back to the original. If I make changed again and click on save, it still doesn't save changes.

I've disabled all plugins, and unticked every box in the Plugin manager, except for CMS and Blog ones.

I still cant edit the articles. What should I check next?

It seems to be a cache issue. If i go to Admin CP / Maintenance / Clear System cache, I'm good to go for the next edit. However it seems I have to clear the cache every time after an edit. If I re-edit without clearing the cache then in the edit window I have what it was the time before.
    Is there a cache setting i can tinker with?

Comment

Also around the same time, when i insert an image, it dosn't appear in the edit window. Yet if I view the article, (after clearing that blooming cache) the picture appears, but not in the edit window. Dosn't matter if its from a URL or local machine, it does the same.

I spent 9 hours yesterday, trying to get CMS stuff to work, time totally wasted, as I'm no further ahead, just narrowed down what causes the problems. However its not plugins, as they have all been disabled. It still happens when its the forum, CMS and blog.

Is there an issue with the editor?

Comment

When I choose a picture attachment, and insert in-line, it also doesn't appear. This used to work last week.
        With it not saving without me clearing the cache, this is all getting very frustrating.

Comment

I'm still having this issue. Is not one else having trouble with editing articles. If i create a new one it seems to work fine, but wont save after editing it.

Comment

I am having this exact same issue on 4.1.11. I have to clear system cache to see the changes.

Comment

A link to your guys sites would be useful, its possible there is more than just the vBulletin cacheing system at play.

Comment

When I edit a CMS ariticle it wont save changes.

I'm having the same issue on 4.1.11 too. I had to clear the cache to see the changes

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  A link to your guys sites would be useful, its possible there is more than just the vBulletin cacheing system at play.
                  My site name is crappie.com, but there's lots of plug ins and products installed that I'm not about to undo. I'm just piling on to see if there's someone else able to identify a fix. And anyway, editing the CMS articles and seeing changes is all behind the scenes stuff. Only me, the admin, can see that the updates are not visible till the cache is cleared. Thanks though.

Comment

I always find its intresting you want a fix, but you're unwilling to troubleshoot it.

I haven't been able to replicate this myself at this time on a test install with no modifications.

How about you install a test site and see if the same problem happens without any addons or modifications?

Comment

@zachery the only thing I did differently is upgraded my vbseo I don't have much add ons

Comment

Still, can you replcate it on an unmodified test forum?

Comment

I am having the same issue.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, this has been bugging me for a few days now.
                            My forum is http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk
                            I do have SBSeo installed, and VB Optimise and a few other plugins, which I dont think would effect the cache.
                            I have disabled all plugins, and unticked all the boxes in the plugin manager, apart from CMS and blog. But the caching was still an issue, and if I insert a new image, it appears as an attachment, but not in the editor, if I then view the article (after clearing the cache) the image is there in full size, but I cant change the size as I cant click on it in the editor.
                            It seems to only be effecting the CMS. If I insert an image in a forum post, it all functions as expected.
                            I have since re enabled every plugin again..

Zachery, if you want my login details to run tests I can PM you.
                            Last edited by TransAmDan; Wed 11 Apr '12, 2:18pm.

Comment

We are having basically the same type of issue on http://africahunting.com, the CMS will not show a users article as being published unless we clear the system cache. Once that is done the article is then published.
                              The same thing happens when trying to edit the article, unless the cache is cleared, the edit will not save. The edit is actually done, but it doesn't show up until the cache has been cleared.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X