Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Section edit button (pencil) not working

Hello there,

in my main section, the big yellow pencil for the edit options is not working for some of the users. The Chrome (FF as well and others browsers) shows me: Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.*******.com/content.php?1-home/edit. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

What is happening? I cannot do basic things in my site.

Please respond to me as soon as possible. Thank you!

Sounds like an internal server error.

In your Admin CP go to Maintenance -> Diagnostics and run the Problematic Webserver Modules diagnostic. What is the output of that?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Sounds like an internal server error.

In your Admin CP go to Maintenance -> Diagnostics and run the Problematic Webserver Modules diagnostic. What is the output of that?
      Suhosin
      Module Loaded Νο

mod_security
      AJAX Unicode Issue Νο

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Rename any .htaccess file in your your system to backup.htaccess

Next, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have done all these with no result.

The problem begun out of the blue, so I decided to upgrade to the latest version today (4.1.7 -> 4.1.11). But, the problem was there as before.

Please find me a solution as soon as possible. And please do not post one more 3hour procedure.

Thanks!

Comment

All we have is a symptom. We don't know what the problem is. Not sure why the above took three hours but if we had an instant solution, then we would have posted it.

You'll need to ask your hosting provider for the error logs for httpd and php. Hopefully they have more information.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              All we have is a symptom. We don't know what the problem is. Not sure why the above took three hours but if we had an instant solution, then we would have posted it.

You'll need to ask your hosting provider for the error logs for httpd and php. Hopefully they have more information.
              I checked the error logs, but what I must look for?

Comment

500 server errors created by content.php.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I still have the same problem. I didnt find any 500 erros created by content.php.

Is anyone able to solve for me that problem? I cannot do basic things in my site. It is very urgent because now all the admin members have the same problem so I cannot configure the main section of the site.

I am willing to pay also, trying to forget that it is not my fault. Definitely, vbulletin is responsible for that. I have done all you said and also the site's version is up to date.

Please respond to me ASAP!

Comment

From this thread? No... There isn't even enough information to diagnose what the problem is, let alone solve it. You'll need to open a support ticket and provide full access to your server including the AdminCP, SFTP and/or SSH, and phpMyAdmin access.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment