Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Problem with loggin in, "invalid redirect"

Hello to everyone here,

I am having a problem when I go to log in to the forum that I have created - I am the admin.

I think that it is likely that other members could be experiencing the same problem as well.

The Problem:

When I go to log in for the first time upon arriving at the forum and I click the "login" button after entering my info, I get a vBulletin message that pops up saying:

vBulletin Message

Invalid Redirect URL (http://myforumname.net/)

The funny thing is that... when I get that message, I can then click on the logo in the upper left (which leads to the index file), or the text link w/ my forum name at the bottom of the page - (which links to the index file as well),
    and the forum homepage comes up just fine - then I am logged in with my username and user profile links etc. displayed in the top right hand corner where they always are, and everything works just fine from there on. So, I'm not sure.

I have just gotten used to this process and do it by second nature now.. which is not good. I need to fix it.

I am wondering if it has something to do with where I have the index file possibly... perhaps I don't have it in the right spot on the server? (index file is on the same level as all of the other forum files right now- and I would be terrified to have to move it because there are a lot of posts on the forum already)

Could anyone give me some ideas or direction on correcting this? Has anyone else experienced this as well?

If it is happening to other members, then it would definitely deter a lot of them from posting, as they think the site is broken perhaps - and in a way I guess it is. So this is something I would like to correct as soon as I can. Thanks so much,
    Last edited by rhender; Tue 3 Apr '12, 11:26am.

Take the URL from the error, the entire URL and enter it into the Redirect URL Whitelist.

Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Take the URL from the error, the entire URL and enter it into the Redirect URL Whitelist.

Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.
      Great! That seems to have worked. Thanks so much.

Comment