Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

content in the textbox gone 'blank' when one is to preview text or edit post again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• content in the textbox gone 'blank' when one is to preview text or edit post again

Hello guys,

I have this problem where 'content' in the textbox gone 'blank' (aka disappear) when one is to preview the thread or re-edit post again..
    this happen randomly and happen to large post.

i am suspecting this could be due to mysql table type issue but cannot confirm it.

i am on:
    vb 4.2.2
    php 5.4.x

This is occur on the default style/templates with no third party addons or modifications?

Comment

yea..
      on default style
      no third party addon installed.

Comment

As of vBulletin 4.2.2, notices and warnings are no longer suppressed by default like in previous versions of the software. This means that on some servers, you may see warnings that you never saw before. In order to stop them from showing, please add the following line to your config.php file under the <?php line:

PHP Code:
        define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

i am not getting any error..

the problem is the textbox give 'blank' content when i go back to re-edit my post.. / preview the text
          this usually happen to large text content

Comment

Did you add that line to your config.php file?

Do you have mod_security or suhosin on your server?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

i have tried add that line to config.php. it is not fixing the 'blank' textbox issue when we go back to edit the post.

no mod_security or suhosin on the server..

Comment

Is there anything in the error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) when this happens?

Comment

Hello lynne,

i have check the error_log of the site.

attach is the screenshot when i do a 'preview' when submitting the post.

it happen when i post very large amount of text..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Are you positive there is no mod_security or suhosin - I typically see this issue when one of those is installed.

How about PHP settings - what do you have set for Max Post Size and the Memory Limit? (Both should be listed on the main admincp page.)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X