Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vbulletin Blog - Picture upload tab disappeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Vbulletin Blog - Picture upload tab disappeared!

Hi All,

running VB4 here - www.rcaircraftonline.co.uk, and some of our guys have started to blog. They have uploaded their photos etc (not via URL) and all was well. However when I go back to the blog, it will only let me attach a picture as a URL, and not upload one from my PC.

If I create a new blog I get both options!

Anyone help out here?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

This is an issue with Webkit based browsers (Chrome, Safari, Rockmelt) in your version. This was fixed in 4.1.11. Please upgrade and let us know if the issue continues.

Here is the JIRA Issue: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14079
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi!

Eventually got around to applying the patch. However when I look at the bottom of the forum page, it still says Version 4.1.10 ... Tested the patch and no change...

I did triple check the patch files (all two of them?) and they are correct and in the right place.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

After uploading the files, you need to run the upgrade.php file in your install directory.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks! However, even after making sure the files are correct, I get: -

Following is a list of files that are either missing or contain unexpected contents. The most likely cause is that all of the files from this release have not been properly uploaded. You should resolve this error before continuing.
          /clientscript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js
          - File does not contain expected contents

Comment

The system checks this by creating a file hash when you download the files and then comparing that hash to the one generated when checking the file. If the two do not match the file is different. So if you make any changes or some other thing happened to change the file then you will get this message.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne.

I downloaded the Zip file again, extracted the ckeditor.js, and FTP'd it to the /clientscript/ckeditor/ directory. I then ran the upgrade.php again, and yet again the same error. The ckeditor.js file was not opened at all by any program during this. FTP transfer type is set to Auto.

Eeek.

Comment

Just continue through it on the upgrade script.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

THanks again, and sorry to be a pain.

It runs, but upgrades it to................. 4.1.10

Comment

When I look at your customer account, I see that you haven't downloaded the complete vBulletin package. You have downloaded the vBulletin 4.1.11 Security Patch. This doesn't contain all the files. It only contains the ones in the security patch.

You need to download the complete package by clicking on the link "Download vBulletin 4.X Publishing Suite" at https://members.vbulletin.com. It should be shown to the right of your license information. Once you've downloaded those files, uploaded them and run the new upgrade scripts, you should see 4.1.11. When running the Upgrade script look in the top right hand corner and it should tell you what version of the XML files are being loaded.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne, I have downloaded the whole package as directed. I will upgrade it tomorrow - A last question - will it overwrite any config files etc as I have a custom Skin installed.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stobby256 View Post
                        Thanks Wayne, I have downloaded the whole package as directed. I will upgrade it tomorrow - A last question - will it overwrite any config files etc as I have a custom Skin installed.

Thanks

Steve
                        No... Your custom style will be maintained as well as any settings and your config.php file is not overwritten. However you may be told that some of your templates are out of date after the upgrade and will need to compare them with the new defaults. The system will direct you to the tools to do this with.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

GREAT!
                          Do you always reply to questions within 30 seconds?
                          Thanks from this side of the pond.
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stobby256 View Post
                            Do you always reply to questions within 30 seconds?
                            No.. It just works out that way sometimes.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi again - all upgraded to 4.1.12 without a hitch. Unfortunately, the blog picture posting issue still remains. It wont give me an option to upload a file, only from a URL.

Thanks,

Steve

PS I have tried from Chrome, Safari and IE.

Comment