Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-Mail Sender Name Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] E-Mail Sender Name Question

    How do I get the sender name to be from KH-MediaFlare Forum instead of that e-mail like the other forums I visit?

    Last edited by Amaury; Thu 26th Apr '12, 6:12pm.
    Former vBulletin user

  • #2
    *bumps thread*
    Former vBulletin user

    Comment


    • #3
      *bumps thread*
      Former vBulletin user

      Comment


      • #4
        *bumps*
        Former vBulletin user

        Comment


        • #5
          Time for a bump.
          Former vBulletin user

          Comment


          • #6
            Make sure your x_mailer phrase is correct. Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	x_mailer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	3687132

            {1} in the phrase is the name of your forum. You can modify the phrase however you want.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
              Make sure your x_mailer phrase is correct. Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases:

              [ATTACH=CONFIG]59103[/ATTACH]

              {1} in the phrase is the name of your forum. You can modify the phrase however you want.
              It's not even finding it.

              Originally posted by vBulletin Message
              No Phrases Matched Your Query
              Former vBulletin user

              Comment


              • #8
                Make sure "Search In ..." is set to "Phrase Variable Name Only".

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
                  Make sure "Search In ..." is set to "Phrase Variable Name Only".
                  Alright, so it appears to be right. Am I supposed to change it to something if I want to be from KH-MediaFlare Forum or should the default already do that?

                  Former vBulletin user

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It should already do that, then. You can still edit it manually and see if it works.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
                      It should already do that, then. You can still edit it manually and see if it works.
                      What do I change it to?

                      Also, I appreciate the help.
                      Former vBulletin user

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Change it to whatever you want to show up as the sender. In this case, you wanted it as KH-MediaFlare Forum so change it to that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
                          Change it to whatever you want to show up as the sender. In this case, you wanted it as KH-MediaFlare Forum so change it to that.
                          Alright, so I changed {1} to KH-MediaFlare Forum, sent myself some test PMs, and the sender name is still that e-mail and not the forum name.
                          Former vBulletin user

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I figured as much, but it was worth a shot anyway.

                            I'll try to dig deeper to find out the problem.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Matthew Gordon View Post
                              I figured as much, but it was worth a shot anyway.

                              I'll try to dig deeper to find out the problem.
                              Thank you, I appreciate your help.
                              Former vBulletin user

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X